Olds Profile

Well... Since I can't find the "Old Auto Show Concepts" forum, I'll just post it here
Posted Image

Could have made a great Alero replacement, looks ready for Epsilon. Lose the sliding doors and give it a formal trunk. Makes me want to weep every time I see that oval emblem :(

Edited by ToniCipriani

At about 11:59pm Oldsmobile had some nice concepts. Too bad midnight meant death!

but then again "we must learn to show our friendship for a man during his life not after he is dead" (the great gatsby)

[post="1863"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

As much as I hate to say it, you couldn't be any more right. :unsure:

you kno9w we never hear many details about the Olds profile. we know it had an 18 valve 3.5 v6 that made 250 hp. I figures it was an improved shortstar until I saw that it was 18 valves and that I couldnt tell if it was an OHV or a OHC. The profile itself while much smoother and sleaker also looks very stretched epsilon as in malibu maxx. I think that htis car s platform and driver trains were the prototype of epsilon with the 3.5 ohv engine with 3 valve heads. amazung the tech in a 2000 Olds concept. If only they had time for one more generation of cars. An epsilon alero and sigma Aurora with maybe a theta absed small ute and a refreshed intrigue would have been great.

This last picture looks great but the first more head on picture looks kinda boxy and not so nice. Great headlights though. Now the Alpha I really really like. What was the convertable, I thought that was kinda square and simple looking. Im not sure I was that impressed with the last concepts.

I'm probably going to get burned at the stake for this but the profile and a few desing details (of the Profile) kind of got resurrected in the INfiniti FX45/35.