My dad now owns a Buick LeSabre (with pics)

Unbeknown to me until about half an hour ago, my dad apparently now owns a 1999 Buick LeSabre with 90,000 miles, red exterior and gray leather interior, pretty loaded. It was my mom telling me this so I have no idea what trim it is...she's supposed to be sending pictures soon.

My dad had been driving a '92 Olds Eighty-Eight for about 10 years and apparently it has finally kicked the bucket at 180,000 miles. He's been having more problems with it over the last year, so it was probably time to go, sadly. It's too bad because we just repainted it a few years ago and the condition of the car's exterior is still in really good shape with no rust or dings.

I wish he would've got a used Olds Intrigue or Aurora...but apparently he got the LeSabre for a really good deal from my uncle who owns a used car dealership.

So yeah, this is my family's first Buick ever...and unfortunately probably the last Olds after having owned an '80s Cutlass Ciera, '86 Cutlass Supreme, and the Eighty-Eight.

Man, I'm trying to find pics of the Olds but I think they are on a backup disc at home. I posted some a while ago but I can't find the post...it must've got lost in one of the server changes.

Edit: Pics, I got it mixed up...silver with maroon interior

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our next door neighbors are so sloppy...check out the junkyard in back. The Voyager doesn't have a transmission (and seems to have been turned into a parts vehicle), the Chevy truck is dead, and the Suburban hasn't run for over a year. The sad thing is that they are still making car payments on the Voyager! :blink:

Edited by mustang84

I don't think he'll ever leave GM. He's pretty much exclusively driven GM since his first car, a '73 Firebird. He's owned a Dodge Warlock, a VW Rabbit, and a Grand Marquis, but the rest have all been GM.

Cool. Nice car. It would have been nice for him to find another Oldsmobile. It looks like LeSabre Custom.

no 500/taurus then?

He hasn't bought new in years...we bought our Explorer fairly new for my mom (only 29 miles on it) but his last "new" car was the '90 Lumina. He's not a big Ford guy so I doubt he'd go for a 500/Taurus...although he was the one that pushed so hard for the Explorer. :huh: It doesn't have nearly as much interior space as our Windstar did (at 6'4", there is no legroom for me in the second or third rows) and it gets worse gas mileage, but it's been far more reliable so I guess that's something.

My LeSabre has exactly 100% more tailfin, drawer-pull grille,

canted round-quad headlights, sweep-spear, dynaflow and

nailhead than your dad's.... but still congrats on the Buick. :)