hindsight too late

ocnblu

I am usually never awake at this hour.

I dreamed that I became friends with an inner city kid. Somehow I ended up being asked to drive vehicles for him and his other buddies, from one place to another in the city. It was winter time, there was snow on the ground. He was driving an Escalade, I was riding with him.

Throughout the dream, I could feel a growing awareness of what was really happening. He was part of a drug gang and I was an unwitting driver, parking these blingy vehicles and leaving them in rundown, unfamiliar parts of town.

We park the Escalade and I ask him something through mind waves (no talk) like "what do you want me to do next?" (with an ever-growing sense of dread).

He "says": "What did you think? That's all I have for you." We leave the 'Slade and go our separate ways. He disappears, but I go into a house that I somehow know belongs to a reverend. It was like he dropped me off there, but it's 2:30 in the morning, the house is dark, I know everyone is sleeping, so I turn and open the old, dark-stained wooden front door and head down the sidewalk in the snow. I am wearing duck boots.

Now it's early morning, I am still walking, but it's now murky early daylight. I am lost in an unfamiliar part of town. I turn left down an alley, trying to get out of the 'hood, trying to find a familiar landmark so I can orient myself to go home. I look right and see the front end profile of an early '90s white Jetta parked between small outbuildings in someone's backyard. I keep walking, looking ahead to the end of the alley. I become hopeful because I see a building straight ahead on the main street intersecting the alley that looks familiar.

I get to the end of the alley and there is a small parking lot to my left. Everything is in shades of black, white and gray, winter.

I look over to the lot and see an early-'90s white Jetta with two young guys sitting in it. They both stare at me, so I quickly turn away. All the time I am feeling more uneasy, with a growing sense of urgency.

They get out of the car. The kid in the passenger seat throws two long, soft cases of some sort on the roof of the Jetta. They look like pool cue cases... then I realize in horrified slow motion that they're gun cases. I am at the end of the alley. I quickly turn right and start running down the main street. I have a quick thought: the thugs will check my footprints in the snow... I won't be able to get away because of my distinctive footprints. They want to kill me and all of what I've been doing with my "friend" (I am a driver, nothing more) becomes crystal clear... he never really liked me, he was using me because I look innocent, and I was innocent... and now they're after me...

BAM... I wake up from my dream. It's raining here. I can't sleep, so I thought I'd type this out.
Edited by ocnblu

Nah, but I am intrigued by the prospect that what we eat for supper influences our dreams. I usually have wild ones if I have shrimp, but last night I had a delmonico steak, garlic mashed potatoes, bbq baked beans, and a salad with bleu cheese dressing, so I'm wondering... wtf?

Sigh... yeah, I had two college professors tell me I should be published. To all the high school and college people here: if you've got something good, hold onto it, nurture it, develop it... go for it!

Sigh... yeah, I had two college professors tell me I should be published.  To all the high school and college people here:  if you've got something good, hold onto it, nurture it, develop it... go for it!

[post="25941"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Because ......
hindsight too late !