Time to part ways....

Money is not a great thing... having said that, the wife has brought to my attention that financially we're not in a "good place". Having bought the SKY last year and it's limited use has always been a sore spot with the wife (the home equity loan payment plus full insurance coverage don't help). She feels that by selling the car to pay off other debts would be the best thing financially, although she does say that she doesn't want the car to go.

So anyway, if I had to sell the SKY, is anyone here interested in buying it? I'm trying to weigh out my options, like going back to my selling Saturn dealer and seeing what they'd offer to buy it, put an ad in AutoShopper or AutoTrader, see what CarMax or CarSense will offer, see if anyone over at skyroadster.com wants it....... you get the point.

PM me if you think you;d be interested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 8/24... after the wife has spent the last 24 hours going over our bills, other debts, and ways to cut expenses, it still boils down that selling the SKY would be a great big help to our debt load. Neither of us wants to part with it, even after a nice little ride in it last night. But being able to afford other things (vacations, holidays, etc) has more meaning than a car sitting in a garage most of the time. So if you know anyone looking to buy a SKY, let them know I have one for sale (I'll figure out my asking price by tomorrow).

I think my driveway is sufficiently full right now (though my dad, my girlfriend, and my best girl-friend would love it). But if you must part ways with it - and I hope you don't - I'll ask around here as well as post an ad up in the Newsreel on the frontpage for you.

You're in New Jersey: not exacty the land of sun and heat. You would be better to hold off until March, if you can. Catch the Spring market. Anyone in your neck of the woods buying a convertible this time of year will be looking for a deal. Put it up on blocks, put it in a garage and reduce the insurance, if feasible.

Wow!

I'm really sorry to hear this, and I know how it feels.

If you can hang on 'til next month, I might know someone who would be interested.

Well, I know the wife said money would be needed by the middle of September, so if you can give me a timeframe of when your friend could possibly buy it, that would help in telling this to the wife. We actually decided tonight that there are at least two places we want to go with the SKY, and it can't be sold until then :lol: I was going to approach my selling Saturn dealership this upcoming week, figuring if the price is right, the cash would come pretty fast. But it is a dealer, and I'm sure the offer would be a low-ball one at that; and the wife and I want to take it out atleast to two more places. I need to see what they're going for online (AutoShopper/AutoTrader, Saturn dealers, eBay, etc) to figure out what reasonable price I can set the price at for my extremely low mileage SKY.

Thanks for the kind words Camino, it is my baby but I'd be in worse shape if it was a mid-'50s GMC pickup or a '91 Syclone that I'd be parting with :AH-HA_wink:

GMTG, I'm sorry to hear you are selling the Sky. I hope that you find it a good home when it is time and get your finances squared away. Teachers really do not make what they should. If you did, you could pay cash for that Sky. Good luck in selling it. Keep us updated on the progress.

Well, I know the wife said money would be needed by the middle of September, so if you can give me a timeframe of when your friend could possibly buy it, that would help in telling this to the wife. We actually decided tonight that there are at least two places we want to go with the SKY, and it can't be sold until then :lol: I was going to approach my selling Saturn dealership this upcoming week, figuring if the price is right, the cash would come pretty fast. But it is a dealer, and I'm sure the offer would be a low-ball one at that; and the wife and I want to take it out atleast to two more places. I need to see what they're going for online (AutoShopper/AutoTrader, Saturn dealers, eBay, etc) to figure out what reasonable price I can set the price at for my extremely low mileage SKY.

Thanks for the kind words Camino, it is my baby but I'd be in worse shape if it was a mid-'50s GMC pickup or a '91 Syclone that I'd be parting with :AH-HA_wink:

Try CarMax. Quick and painless process...offer valid for like 7 days. My friend had good luck with them when he needed to liquidate his CTS.

Aye, GMTG ... I saw this post last night, but didn't take the time to reply as I was rushing through the forums in between dumping water into the sump pump from the flooding.

Very sorry that you have decided to sell the SKY. But, as you noted, having money for other things is sometimes better than a car in the garage.... Sure hope you find a great buyer and new owner for it!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The truth is discovered" ... Squeeze ... 'Tempted'

Have you considered getting another one down the road?

Funny, the wife said that to comfort me!

However, while I love the car, I think a 4-passenger convertible would make more sence than a 2-passenger roadster. It would see more usage and therefore be more reasonable, especially with having a 2-year old and a 13 year-old. I do like the Camaro Convertible concept, but would much rather have a Pontiac Firebird or GTO version (don't like any of my local Chevy dealers that much).

So time will tell. I'm a big believer in the saying, "When one door closes, another one opens", so I'm not saying that there will never be another "fun" vehicle in my driveway again. I just have to be patient and get our finances in order first (will take some time, especially with limited income coming in during July & August) and then I can concentrate on additional vehicles. Maybe a classic is in order next? :scratchchin:

Funny, the wife said that to comfort me!

However, while I love the car, I think a 4-passenger convertible would make more sence than a 2-passenger roadster. It would see more usage and therefore be more reasonable, especially with having a 2-year old and a 13 year-old. I do like the Camaro Convertible concept, but would much rather have a Pontiac Firebird or GTO version (don't like any of my local Chevy dealers that much).

So time will tell. I'm a big believer in the saying, "When one door closes, another one opens", so I'm not saying that there will never be another "fun" vehicle in my driveway again. I just have to be patient and get our finances in order first (will take some time, especially with limited income coming in during July & August) and then I can concentrate on additional vehicles. Maybe a classic is in order next? :scratchchin:

Classics are a good way to go! :thumbsup:

I'm thinking seriously of a classic instead of a new car down the road (as my cars are almost paid off-yay! :) )

I just need a cheap beater to replace the wagon (I'm thinking 00-02 Saturn S-series), then I would be free to hunt down something good.... :yes:

It largely hinges on the sale of a house which the local township is holding up. I'll mention it and let you know.