Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

These antique cars are true works of art

7 posts in this topic

These antique cars are true works of art ..

Posted Image

Visitors to Rockefeller Center recently were intrigued, bemused or simply mystified by what looked like a bunch of old cars painted silver. But the cars constituted a major work by internationally acclaimed artist Nam June Paik called "32 cars for the 20th century: play Mozart's Requiem quietly."

Actually, there were only 16 of the 32 cars in Paik's work on display at Rockefeller Center. They appeared with another major Paik work, "Transmission," an outdoor laser presentation. Organized by Public Art Fund on behalf of RCPI Landmark Properties and Tishman Speyer Properties, owners of Rockefeller Center, the exhibition exposed millions of people to the work of Nam June Paik - and to the mysteries of the '36 Nash Lafayette. The exhibition was presented by Cingular Wireless.

Link: http://info.detnews.com/joyrides/story/index.cfm?id=370

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

>>"internationally acclaimed artist Nam June Paik"<<

This person is no artist in this 'piece'- he did absolutely nothing. If he makes 1 penny off this exhibit, I'm going to have to hunt him (?) down with my own silver '59 Buick 2-dr hardtop. What I would like to do is far more 'artsy' than this ridiculous 'piece'.

To me, this is both cool and uncool.

Its amazing to see some of the best styled cars in one spot, all painted silver to represent a sort of bond to each other.

On the other hand, If I had 32 of the best styled cars, I wouldnt gut them and paint them silver. :nono:

On the other hand, If I had 32 of the best styled cars, I wouldnt gut them and paint them silver. :nono:

*nods*

Especially if they were in good condition to begin with.....

STILL ... that IS kind of neat....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I didn't mean to catch you by surprise" ... Lane Brody ... 'Over You'

So when we all head out to beat the guy's ass, I call the '50 Oldsmobile fastback and the '59 Buick!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room