Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

New Orleans police beat man severely

mustang84

Sure there is, don't be drunk in public, nor resist arrest in New Orleans where cops were shot at numerous times post-Katrina. I feel no pity on this man. At least when I drink, I do it at home and don't get beligerant in public.

That officer has some anger issues.  There was no need to punch the man in the head FOUR times.

[post="27057"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not just punch him, they slammed his head into the wall as well. Even though the guy claims he wasn't drunk, and even if he was, you handcuff him and stick him in a patrol car and get it over with. He didn't appear to resist at all...yet they countered by reducing him to a bloody pulp. There was nothing to justify this kind of violence, especially on a 65 year old man.

This is so old this nonsense of people whining about police force. Behave yourself, and stop resisting arrest and fighting back and this won't happen. I am in complete support of the officers. Stop siding with the criminals and side with those protecting you from these idiots.

The only idiots in this situation are the cops. If they were going to abuse their authority position that badly, they should've known not to do it in front a video camera. Im surprised they didnt go after the camera man and smash his camera. Hopefully all the cops involved lose their jobs. This kind of thing is the last thing New Orleans needs right now. Edited by CD/BP

Growing up a half-breed(white/latino) in the barrio I would get harassed by the cops sometimes, but i've found that rural cops are much worse, but there was no need for the crap the cops pulled..ever heard of pepperspray if someones resisting, nevermind that the New Orleans police is bad for beatings.

Wow, I'm somewhere in the middle on this one betwen Josh and Bowtie... in either case too much forse was used IMO. Suck for everyone involved, although I'm sure this guy will get enough money out of the lawsuit to make him happy. That tape says it all.

This is so old this nonsense of people whining about police force.  Behave yourself, and stop resisting arrest and fighting back and this won't happen.  I am in complete support of the officers.  Stop siding with the criminals and side with those protecting you from these idiots.

[post="27086"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree that sometimes the police are just trying to do their job and bad situations happen, but there's a point where it goes beyond protecting and serving to hate and anger. They let their emotions get in the way of doing their job, which is what happened here. And at that point, they either need to shape up or leave the force. Edited by mustang84

Random thoughts corc - Well thats a case of types of personalitys being suited for what jobs. I could never be a cop, I dont believe in some laws and have stricter issues with areas that are lawless. not makeing excuse but I know people are all different and somebody has obviously had enough. Theres alot of anger in this country, we have threads here that prove it. Cops suck, I dont like them, Im one of the types that would get a beating if I wasnt in the mood for their bullshit, worst because I wouldnt go down without inflicting some damage first. Im not a drunk or a public drunk but I remember being harrassed when younger. A situation with a bully boy, he tried repeatedly to strike me with his flashlight, he became concerned after many tries when he was blocked, me staring straight into his eyes. BTW I was not in the wrong nor had I been disrespectful, this was a bully boy and he made an assumption about me and was very very wrong. After seeing the error of his ways he backed down. Thank goodness :unsure: Today I would be shot dead by his partner. Its amazing whats legal in this country and whats not. This guys head should roll. The population is not supposed to be afraid of cops, but yet we are. How many times driveing do you see people hit their brakes the second they see a cop, yet were only driving the speedlimit anyhow? Are you comfortable when a cop is around say in the store with you getting coffee or does everyone always seem quite ? How well do you drive when you got one on your rear bumper, all you can see in the mirror is cop, you want him to go away because you feel like hes stalking you because you were not staring at your speedometer and must have passed him speeding ?