The Cavalier Takes a Bath

So, Until Yesterday, the Cavalier looked like this, not having been washed in ~2 Years:

Posted Image

So I cleaned Her Up a bit, and broke out the Armor-All, Vacuum Cleaner, and Steam Cleaner and fixed up the interior... prolly now one of the nicest looking 1997 Cavaliers now (at least inside)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got another surprise, after the wash, I realized how dingy those plastic covers that were put on when we bought the car in 1997 were getting... I figured I'd clean them off because they were not giving me enough light during the night... well that's where the surprise happened. I took them off and soaked them in the sink, windexed them, and went back out to the car only to witness how dingy the lights themselves had gotten... so I got a wet rag and a dry towel and cleaned the lights. I was shocked at just HOW WELL these 10 year old plastic covers protected and preserved the condition of the lights. While everything else had just had the hell abused out of it after 10 years of being a 'city car' that never left town and got abused by ignorant jerks in parking lots, here these lights are, in pristine condition!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not too bad...looks good.

But now someone might think it's for sale. :AH-HA_wink:

That reminds me to clean up mine...they need a good waxing on the outside. :yes:

On the lights....wow.

I don't think anyone I know washes a Cavalier for at least a month.....I know of one now (a 2001 Sunfire) which has only been washed once-when it went to the dealership for repair-an that was like almost 3 years ago.... :scratchchin:

But now someone might think it's for sale. :AH-HA_wink:

Not until it shoots a cylinder through the hood :AH-HA_wink:.

The service dept @ my dealer where the car is serviced doesn't clean the cars because they are the highest volume dealer in sales and service for GM in town and there are so many cars on any given day that they don't have the resources to wash the car of every Tom, Dick, and Harry...

Edited by vonVeezelsnider