Which plants are controlled by UAW?

Newbiewar

All NA GM plants are UAW controlled.

Correction.

Most US plants other than Moraine are UAW organized. The Moraine (Ohio) plant that makes the Trailblazer (and related SUVs) is not UAW. It is under the International Union of Electronic, Electrical, Salaried, Machine and Furniture Workers-Communications Workers of America (IUE/CWA).

Canadian plants fall under the CAW. Unionized Mexican plants are controlled by a local union.

Correction.

Most US plants other than Moraine are UAW organized. The Moraine (Ohio) plant that makes the Trailblazer (and related SUVs) is not UAW. It is under the International Union of Electronic, Electrical, Salaried, Machine and Furniture Workers-Communications Workers of America (IUE/CWA).

Canadian plants fall under the CAW. Unionized Mexican plants are controlled by a local union.

Oh...didnt know that about Moraine.

I meant to say US....not NA

Edited by Chris_Doane

The number I saw was 82 assembly plants, parts plants, and warehouses employing 73,000 UAW workers.

These are the only vehicles still being produced at the moment:

Chevrolet Aveo (Bupyung, South Korea)

Pontiac Torrent, Chevrolet Equinox (CAMI, Canada)

Chevrolet Impala, Buick LaCrosse, Pontiac Grand Prix (Oshawa car, Canada)

Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra (Oshawa truck, Canada)

Chevrolet HHR, Saturn VUE (Ramos Arizpe, Mexico)

Each day of the strike is 12,000+ vehicles that won't be built this year and roughly $300,000,000 in lost revenue.

so we've got our newest products like the CTS, Enclave, Arcadia, Outlook, 08 Vue, Malibu retooling, and other recently launched vehicles are put on hold?

sounds like a problem... those named models, have relitively low inventory...

Yep. Nice time for a strike, isn't it?

Another Reason to dump the Unions. <_< Nothing really good has come out of them in the last 20 years. They did good in the early days of this country with getting kids out of the factories and back into school where they belonged and forcing business to have a fair compensation package for the hard working people. Yet now they seem to be more about control and getting money for themselfs so the union reps do not have to work so hard.

The government already gives you the right o negotiate for a fair pay and compensation package. Use your brain rather than give up your hard earned money to people who tend to cost the union worker more than they give them.

I was a union worker once and never again. I will always hold my own destiny in my hands. No need to pay a lazy person to get what is already rightfully mine via my own negotiations with the company.