Corvette Brand.

Carguy

:scratchchin: Again there is talk of a CORVETTE BRAND split away from CHEVROLET and a mid Engine SUPER VETTE in the future. I think this could work if done correctly. And with KAPPA production moving to the VETTE plant in the future and a possible KAPPA-X BODY merging also it seems even more logical. With the next gen VETTE and KAPPA cars possibly related with KAPPA useing a steal frame (aka todays kappa and base vette) with I4 and V6 power and the VETTE useing a V8 and lighter more advanced aluminum frame (aka ZO6) and other high tech features it could work and cost less then two NEW UNIQUE PLATFORMS. I would hate to see CHEVY lose the VETTE but maby CORVETTE's better future would be that of a unique brand. Let the RWD CAMARO/IMPALA be CHEVIES POWER HOUSES. A CORVETTE BRAND with a base 350+HP V6 KAPPA model with a midrange 450HP-550HP front Engine model like todays then a midengine SUPER VETTE with 700+HP could be ((GREAT!!)) and they could be sold through higher end CADILLAC dealerships. Edited by Carguy

• 2 weeks later...

I am not going to give an opinion about whether or not a Corvette brand would be successful or not, but I do have a few ideas for some products if Corvette did become a brand. First off, if Corvette did become a brand(and I'm not saying its a good idea), then it should go head to head with the likes of Porsche as its direct competitor. IF Corvette did become a brand (and I am not saying its a good idea), the Kappa would be a good architecture to develop an entry level coupe, targa, and roadster to head up against the Porsche Boxster. The upcoming Alpha is also an option for a new Corvette branded model. The current Corvette would go head to head with the 911 (I know it does go head to head with the 911, but I am sayin in this circumstance, it would not change), and a new model would need to be developed to compete with the Panamera whenever it comes out. The cost in developing this new Corvette brand for Americans would cost billions. Also, what would the current Corvette be called, the Corvette Corvette? The Kappa based car could be called Stingray, and a mid engined one would need a new name. I think it is doable, but I am not sure its a good idea.

A Corvette brand could work if done correctly, but it'd be walking a fine line to pull it off.

However, I don't think the Corvette should ever be taken out of Chevrolet showrooms. Instead I'd favor the classic (50s/60s) marketing set up of "Chevrolet & Corvette" dealers.

EX: "Detroit Chevrolet & Corvette"