No sunroof on the Astra 3-door?

Just spent some time on Saturn's website specing out my next car :scratchchin:

and saw that the sunroof isn't an option on the 3-door :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Anyone know anything more about this? Let's take the "sporty" version of the car, and not give it a sunroof. Seems smart to me... :stupid:

I like this car, it is goodlooking and well-equipped, but it is expensive. The Rabbit 3 door has 30 more horsepower and starts over $3000 less, yet it has a lot of the same features. The ASTRA 3 door with any options is priced near GTI territory... a car with much more cachet, not to mention 60 more horsepower and much more torque, with most likely comparable mileage figures. And with Saturn's continued MSRP-only selling practices, I am not sure we have a winner on our hands. Time will tell, I guess.

+2. I agree. Too bad about the sunroof. I guess you can't get a sunroof because of the engineering details in the roof oh the Astra 3-door needed to support the Panoramic roof structure if it is equipped with that option.

The Rabbit 3 door does not have Sunroof either.

Here is the comparison between the two. Blu is right, rabbit has slightly more features than the Astra. I think it has to do with the economy of scale. Rabbits sell a lot more than the Astra will.

Rabbit is a good car, but VW reliability is a hit or miss.

The Rabbits might come from Mexico like the Jetta, not Belgium. The next-gen Astra comes from Poland, which will be cheaper.

All US Rabbits come from Germany.

The Rabbit may have a lower MSRP, but interestingly, Jettas often have better lease deals.

It'd be interesting to read how Opel Astra reliability compares to VW Golf reliability in their home market. Should tell us how the GM car will fare here, relatively, since I imagine the only changes made were for US standards.