Converting 350 for E85

Dsuupr

Have any of you done an E85 conversion? If so, was there any issues? Any after market group that is better than another? Costs?

The proposed car; 1995 Caprice 9C1 (LT1 engine).

I know there will be alot of people apposed to it and I do want to know why. Please note it's not about the cost, but rather the reduction of oil use. My wife really wants the car and the only way I can justify it is by not using SO much gasoline (environment and national deficit).

I'm in close contact with a guy who has a '94 Fleetwood LT1 (like my '95), does a ton of highway driving, and had played with E85 with his several times...in addition to custom PCM tuning, the latter of which he has helped me greatly with.

I know he has intermittently run E85, fully, but honestly don't remember him bringing up ever converting things--as you would expect necessary--to do so.

I'll PM you his email...and we'll see what else others chime in with, too.

Forget about converting to E85. Corn based ethanol is more harmful to the economy, the deficit and the environment than oil. It's the fad of the moment and will cost you more to operate in your Caprice than gasoline (for the moment). E85 will become user friendly when they switch to switch grass (forgive the pun) or some alternate cellulistic (spelling?) form of ethanol.

In a couple of years things will change, so save your cash and you'll be ready to the "next best thing".