Random Thread Part VI

Cory Wolfe

Now the firehawk is a rare bird... no pun intended, but it's amazing how many of these suckers Ive encountered over the years. I see the darn things everywhere. There must be a buttload in New England cause it seems like out of every doaen 4th gen. 'Birds I see one of them is a Hawk. There used to be a black on in Norht Andover for a while... one time while taking pics of it the guy was leaving work and we ended up chattign for a while... then 4 years later I saw that car get traded in on a Silverado while workign at Bill DeLuca Chevrolet. My buddy John was the salesman who traded the car in and sold it a few weks later. I also see a red one all the time on the highway,. probably the same one... back in HS as I've menitoned before my friend Tara dated a kid who's dad owned a Pontiac/Hyundai dealer... (no joke) they used to burnout in the HS parking lot at least once a wek , and the kid drove the car like a Japanese guy in a dritign contest... Frankly I'm surprised he never wrapped it around a telephone pole... his own car was a '72 Trans Am with a healthy 400 so the kid was not deprived when he didn't have Daddy's hawk. Just last month on the road back from our No Carolina 69 Camaro delivery we saw a 4th gen Hawk. And I saw ANOTHER one the other day when me and Ross went cruising in the Pimpin' Coupe Deville. I swear I see thee things everywhere.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[post="29955"][/post]

With the exception of this look, only a Trans Am body could ever do for me after 1982. I always found non-T/A Firebirds to look stripped, basic, and really watered down (think about how thin 82-84 Camaros looked without the Z28 kit). Trans Ams looked solid, bold, and thick. That's why I used to hate when automotive journalists would recommend Firebird Formulas over Trans Ams.

The Firehawk pictured was styled in a way that I couldn't tell the difference.

I for one love the front fascia on the last-gen Formula-based Firehawk. The four circular lamps on the bottom just scream "sinister" :ph34r: