Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

That little Datsun Rogue

3 posts in this topic

In the tiny Ute class, the Nissan Rogue has caught my eye. After reading the Car&Driver comparo test, then going to the Edmunds owner reviews, and finally checking one out at the (closed) dealer, this thing seems like a "best in class" as a street SUV, at least from my perspective. Sporty looks inside and out, a long list of high-tech features, sprightly performance coupled with good mpg all work to make this thing worth a closer look. I have decried the use of CVTs before, but in the Rogue, it seems to enhance performance and fuel mileage.

i read the rogue owner reviews on edmunds the other night. some REALLY happy drivers.

In the tiny Ute class, the Nissan Rogue has caught my eye. After reading the Car&Driver comparo test, then going to the Edmunds owner reviews, and finally checking one out at the (closed) dealer, this thing seems like a "best in class" as a street SUV, at least from my perspective. Sporty looks inside and out, a long list of high-tech features, sprightly performance coupled with good mpg all work to make this thing worth a closer look. I have decried the use of CVTs before, but in the Rogue, it seems to enhance performance and fuel mileage.

CVTs seem to make more sense with smaller engines - Nissan, Ford and Audi have made a very good effort, but "different" is not often a feeling people want to experience in the transmission of a car costing $30-40k.

Haven't yet looked in any detail at a Rogue, but I suppose I'll have to make an effort soon. I will say that it beats the pants off of the CR-V for styling, and is a damn sight better than the silly-looking RAV4.