Sign in to follow this  
ocnblu

That little Datsun Rogue

In the tiny Ute class, the Nissan Rogue has caught my eye. After reading the Car&Driver comparo test, then going to the Edmunds owner reviews, and finally checking one out at the (closed) dealer, this thing seems like a "best in class" as a street SUV, at least from my perspective. Sporty looks inside and out, a long list of high-tech features, sprightly performance coupled with good mpg all work to make this thing worth a closer look. I have decried the use of CVTs before, but in the Rogue, it seems to enhance performance and fuel mileage.

In the tiny Ute class, the Nissan Rogue has caught my eye. After reading the Car&Driver comparo test, then going to the Edmunds owner reviews, and finally checking one out at the (closed) dealer, this thing seems like a "best in class" as a street SUV, at least from my perspective. Sporty looks inside and out, a long list of high-tech features, sprightly performance coupled with good mpg all work to make this thing worth a closer look. I have decried the use of CVTs before, but in the Rogue, it seems to enhance performance and fuel mileage.

CVTs seem to make more sense with smaller engines - Nissan, Ford and Audi have made a very good effort, but "different" is not often a feeling people want to experience in the transmission of a car costing $30-40k.

Haven't yet looked in any detail at a Rogue, but I suppose I'll have to make an effort soon. I will say that it beats the pants off of the CR-V for styling, and is a damn sight better than the silly-looking RAV4.