G8 to be made in Canada later?

Upon visiting to the Dealer yesterday, the salesperson told me there is a rumor that the G8 will be made in Canada, after Chevy is ready to build Camaro there, since Camaro's will be built in Canada, he told me that there is a rumor floating around that G8's production will also make it into Canada as well.

Has anyone heard about it? or is it just a rumor?

Just wonderring, though I will never buy G8 in either case, since I still believe the price is way too much for what it really is, well, to me.

Since the G8 isn't in the UAW Agreement, IF (Big "IF" Right Now) The G8 is to be manufactured by GMNA it's gonna have to be made in Canada or Mexico, but Oshawa would be the logical place to build IF it was going to be built in North America.

Just wonderring, though I will never buy G8 in either case, since I still believe the price is way too much for what it really is, well, to me.

too much money? the gt is 30k for a 362hp 6 speed pontiac sports sedan... i think you get a crap load...

im sorry but i didnt think anyone could bash the G8 as much as PCS

PCS, youve been dethroned!

… Just wonderring, though I will never buy G8 in either case, since I still believe the price is way too much for what it really is, well, to me.

Umm, that is why they are killing the Grand Prix. You cheap-asses won't pony up the money required to keep it as a volume NA model. A 3.6 L G6 costs more than GP. If they can sell enough G8s at full retail and when people forget how cheap the last GP was, then they'll maybe think about renaming the replacement (CAFE, and the low volume, probably kills NA production though).

In its current form, the G8 can't be built in Oshawa - Holden's VE and GMNA's version of zeta aren't exactly the same. Also, Holden is under contract to build the car at this time.

Down the road it could make sense, however.

Of course that would require keeping the Holden-hating GME folks away.

Guest YellowJacket894
In its current form, the G8 can't be built in Oshawa - Holden's VE and GMNA's version of zeta aren't exactly the same. Also, Holden is under contract to build the car at this time.

Down the road it could make sense, however.

Of course that would require keeping the Holden-hating GME folks away.

I think the Louisville Zoo has a few monkey cages up for sale. Cleaning them is optional, of course. :smilewide: