It must be a sickness... Getting a 2007 NEW TORRENT FWD! (UPDATED)

I know this must be the 3rd time I have thought I would get a car in the past 6 months but this time my wife is the most serious and so am I because of the price. I found one of the few in my area left a 2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD with two options 17' chrome wheels (850.00) and cruise (175.00). I got my quote on this 24,095 Torrent at 18,337 after all rebates, I still have another 2,000 maxed out as part of the promo GM Card Topped Off... Bringing the price too, 16,337 brand new! They low-balled my Grand Prix (1990 116K 3.1L V6 Auto pw pl etc) **pissed me off big time, I am a man of principal** at $100.00 the sales lady really wants it gone she is going to call me back before noon tomorrow with a better price for the trade had she offered my 250 err even 200 I would have said hold it. So I am going on principal I doubt it will sell in 12 hours and plus who wants a purple FWD Torrent with black cloth anyways? (I guess me, in retrospect I could have just said yes.) But am I right the GM card is to be thrown in after you get the best possible price correct? And I can still use since the price we factored didn't include it right? I am 99.9 percent postive. But I hope Friday considering I get at least 200 out of my Prix will be giving the wifey here "Cute Ute" and car shopping will end until my daughter starts driving and she will get the Impala (that my son will start using) and he wants a G5 GT 5spd. (Good taste!) Ahh well he takes after me. If I can get for 16,337-200(ish) on trade, I would be nuts to pass this up right? Good Night, Please chime in. Downside to the whole thing is its a 180 miles away.

Edited by gm4life

is your grand prix a complete piece of crap? Why would anyone accept $200 for a decent working car? If it's in decent shape, you should be able to get $1000 for it easy selling it yourself. In general, any car that runs pretty well and doesn't have major body damage can bring at least $1000-1500 in most areas. Are you so busy you can't take a little bit of your own time to sell your own car and get a reasonable price for it? *scratches head*

Edited by PurdueGuy

donate the prix. your tax writeoff will exceed 200 bucks, no?

GM card is above and beyond your best deal with all other rebates etc. another reason to like GM.

In 04, we bought our aztek. 26,500 was sticker. 18 grand was the price we got and then the 2 grand GM card brought it down to 16k, new. So its above and beyond your best deal.

Edited by regfootball

I'm glad GM has Car Heaven up here for old beaters: automatic $1,000 for any vehicle older than 1995 toward getting a new vehicle from GM. Any dealer that is being honest will only give someone $100 for a 18 year old car. They will 'sell' it to their wholesaler for $100 to get it off the lot, then the wholesaler will make a quick couple hundred selling it to one of his 'clients,' who will then spend $600 safetying and cleaning the vehicle up, then it MAY sell for $1,500 or so - but who is going to assume the risk that the engine could be going or it could sit on their lot for 6 months?

Yeah, if you've got the time (and patience), sell it yourself. Around here, an AutoTrader ad will set you back $35, the Ontario used car booklet is another $30 or so, plus YOU will have to pay to have it safetied (even if you can do the work yourself) and emission tests (another $140 total in Ontario), then you get the fun and privilege of letting perfect strangers into your home and into your car for the test drive.

The kicker is, most likely the same wholesaler that the dealer you are dealing with would have sold it to in the first place is the guy who will respond to your ad, drive the snot out of it and then haggle you down to a couple hundred anyway.

Or you could sell the 18 year old car to your friend/neighbor/cousin/boss and listen to the endless bickering for months as every squeak, every rattle (Gawd forbid if the tranny goes 3 weeks after they buy it!) the car has IS YOUR FAULT.

TELL THEM YOU'LL TAKE $200 AND RUN!

It is just easier, I am not going to screw around with it, and no tax right off. I am getting 250 for it. The car has one rust spot but (no bad just a slight paint bubble) on driver rocker panel. No mechincally it is almost perfect, does rattle a little at went sitting at a stop light. Sure I could sell it some odd ball stranger for 500 maybe even 1000 but why bother? I am happy with what they are giving me for it because of the deal on the Torrent without tax or any of that stuff it'll be 16,087 the manager is calling to confrim it tonight. I don't think I did bad. My wife is very excited my son and I are going down to get tomorrow evening. I will post lots of picks... How much does an SUV style tint cost on the back five windows.

PCS is your GP purple? Could you post a photo so I can show my wife the color in real life? Thanks...

Carbiz is right I am taking my 250 and running!

Edited by gm4life

Here is the window sticker actually kind of a white elphant in the car world... Who would order chrome wheels and cruise and no tinted windows/pref. pack. (I just wanted the tint, but didn't need the auto mirrors, power seats, remote start etc... But thats prolly why it is such a good deal!

2007_Pontiac_Torrent_Purple_Haze_St.jpg

Edited by gm4life

Thanks Truck guy that means alot to me. I got myself an aux input cable to plug my ipod into the sterro. Well my wifes sterro. I guess this year I can tow a pop-up camper. LS6, I didn't know they could do that cancel there order, well like my Bonneville SLE with heated cloth seats, auto climate control, side impact airbags, and N87 chrome wheels this one will be special.

Edited by gm4life

Thanks Truck guy that means alot to me. I got myself an aux input cable to plug my ipod into the sterro. Well my wifes sterro. I guess this year I can tow a pop-up camper. LS6, I didn't know they could do that cancel there order, well like my Bonneville SLE with heated cloth seats, auto climate control, side impact airbags, and N87 chrome wheels this one will be special.

Sure, you can always cancel.

Otherwise I would have ended-up with a light blue metallic Tahoe a few years back. :AH-HA_wink:

Enjoy the Torrent.

Thanks LS6 I intend too. Is it the exact same motor as the 3400 in my 2001 Impala? For the photo maniacs around here I taking my lens with the widest opening to get some decent night photos of it when I get it. I intend to have them posted late tommorrow night say 11ish.

Edited by gm4life

I am glad to here that smallchevy, thanks for the good wishes. I hope so too, the wifey will drive it, I have my Bonneville (that I waited 15 years for!). Plus I think my B-Ville is faster to sixty anyways. :D

The sad thing for you though is that the number of cars in your "WANT" section will not decrease. :)