Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teh Ricer Civic!

LOL @ Volvo

5 posts in this topic

SO i was browsing through Volvo's website lookin at that cool new C30... well i decided to look at the S40...

the 2.4L I5 NA engine that it has in it makes the EXACT SAME power as my nearly old 2.4L I5 NA engine.

Now THATS PROGRESS! 10 years later its the same exact engine.

The only difference is that the S40 gets a bit better mileage than my car, and im assuming thats because the S40 is smaller/lighter and has a 5spd hooked up to it instead of my 4spd.

Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

how do the torque curves compare? How does the weight compare? How does the reliability compare? How does noise & vibration compare?

Comparing only horsepower is like comparing houses based on the number of bathrooms and nothing else.

Oh nevermind, the new engine makes 8 more torque which brings peak hp down to 6000rpm.

Still, for 10 years of development thats rather pathetic.

peak hp & peak torque doesn't tell the whole story. You'd need full dyno graphs. If the new one makes a tall, flat torque curve while the old one is peaky, then that's a big difference. You assuming that horsepower should do nothing but go up? So we should all have like 600 hp by now?

SO i was browsing through Volvo's website lookin at that cool new C30... well i decided to look at the S40...

the 2.4L I5 NA engine that it has in it makes the EXACT SAME power as my nearly old 2.4L I5 NA engine.

Now THATS PROGRESS! 10 years later its the same exact engine.

The only difference is that the S40 gets a bit better mileage than my car, and im assuming thats because the S40 is smaller/lighter and has a 5spd hooked up to it instead of my 4spd.

And the 3800 didn't sit for a LONG time at about the same spot?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0