Randy Pausch reprising his Last Lecture

ZL-1

I saw this on the news yesterday and today my brother emailed me this link of Mr. Randy Pausch reprising his Last Lecture on Oprah: http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

I had an uncle who passed away because of pancreatic cancer a few years ago. In my mind, Brave, Inspiring, Strong, and any other positive adjective that might come to mind is perfect to describe this gentleman. This video is a true tribute to Life, to enjoying and living every second of our Life as fully as we can.

Edited by ZL-1

Yep, old story.

Here's his blog of sorts:

http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/index.html

and his other homepage:

http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

He did the lecture a very long time ago, and has run into various complications, but keeps going. Keeps his blog updated with what's happening, as much as he can...but still realizes the end coming.

IIRC his Last Lecture was last September, but it didn't make the news here.

To me the story is not about the end in itself, it's about keeping oneself going even if one is facing something definitive.

Edited by ZL-1

IIRC his Last Lecture was last September, but it didn't make the news here.

To me the story is not about the end in itself, it's about keeping oneself going even if one is facing something definitive.

Exactly. After I saw it the first time when he hit the news, I've stayed up with it ever since. Rarely do you hear or see someone who has such a bleak outlook, but keeps going with as much treatment as possible, talking to people, trying to get things changed, etc. Awesome inspiration and visibly he still looks and sounds so amazing, it'll be hard to believe anything bad is happening to him until there's a big downturn or the ultimate happens--again, something you rarely see. Most people, often just due to necessity or depression, close down and stay hidden.