My vacation... Observations... Yes about cars...

First off I haven't been posting nearly as regular as I do most days because my family and I went on a trip to the Grand Tetons/Yellowstone and Black Hills/Custer State Park for 12 days. Long story short took the Torrent and she now has over 6.5K on here up from the 2.5K she started out with. Fuel economy was good not great averaged about 23.25 if I figured right. Not bad for 75-80mph interstate running and climbing many a moutain pass. Handling was great for a small SUV and the back roads were very fun. Could use an extra cubic foot or two in the truck area other than that my Torrent made the trip nearly perfect. Except in Cheyenne WY my A/C stopped blowing cold air. I took my Garmin NUVI 650 and entered Pontiac and found a large B-P-G Cadillac dealer Halladay Motors and they got it in 2 hours later, found out it was that it was out of A/C coolant R134A (I think that is it) and she blew cool air the rest of the trip. Now my real reason for posting... I have some photos of cars I will put up later but first what I saw. I saw lots of Camry/Prius/Seqouia/Tundra/Corolla/Highlander rental cars in Grand Teton and Yellowstone! I couldn't believe the amount of cars I saw with the bar-code or E badge on the rear bumper! Toyota must be fleeting like mad! I also saw a few and I mean a handful of Malibu LS 2008 some even 2009 with the 17 inch wheels as rentals. Almost every Impala I saw was either owned by someone or the bank. I saw a few regular consumer owned/drive Bu's too. I would say nine out of the ten 2008 Lowlanders I saw were rentals. Same went the ugly Seqouia, saw plenty of consumer owned Turds from the likes of Cali and AZ which seemed to popular, yet saw many with the bar codes as well. Prius's were all over most had a bar-code. So what did I learn Toyota has been fleeting like mad, and I was happy to see every bar-coded Toyota product on the trip. I saw many GM vehicles and most of which didn't have a bar-code what a relief. Toyota is moving foward and dumping to fleets, I just feel sorry for the people that had to rent them.

I have also been on vacation for the past 12 days, but in Europe. I observed that the American hatchback selection sucks.

Europe seems to get a lot of cool small cars that we don't.

I plan to remedy this by putting a GTI or MINI Cooper S in the driveway as my next new car purchase.

Chris

First off I haven't been posting nearly as regular as I do most days because my family and I went on a trip to the Grand Tetons/Yellowstone and Black Hills/Custer State Park for 12 days. Long story short took the Torrent and she now has over 6.5K on here up from the 2.5K she started out with. Fuel economy was good not great averaged about 23.25 if I figured right. Not bad for 75-80mph interstate running and climbing many a moutain pass. Handling was great for a small SUV and the back roads were very fun. Could use an extra cubic foot or two in the truck area other than that my Torrent made the trip nearly perfect. Except in Cheyenne WY my A/C stopped blowing cold air. I took my Garmin NUVI 650 and entered Pontiac and found a large B-P-G Cadillac dealer Halladay Motors and they got it in 2 hours later, found out it was that it was out of A/C coolant R134A (I think that is it) and she blew cool air the rest of the trip. Now my real reason for posting... I have some photos of cars I will put up later but first what I saw. I saw lots of Camry/Prius/Seqouia/Tundra/Corolla/Highlander rental cars in Grand Teton and Yellowstone! I couldn't believe the amount of cars I saw with the bar-code or E badge on the rear bumper! Toyota must be fleeting like mad! I also saw a few and I mean a handful of Malibu LS 2008 some even 2009 with the 17 inch wheels as rentals. Almost every Impala I saw was either owned by someone or the bank. I saw a few regular consumer owned/drive Bu's too. I would say nine out of the ten 2008 Lowlanders I saw were rentals. Same went the ugly Seqouia, saw plenty of consumer owned Turds from the likes of Cali and AZ which seemed to popular, yet saw many with the bar codes as well. Prius's were all over most had a bar-code. So what did I learn Toyota has been fleeting like mad, and I was happy to see every bar-coded Toyota product on the trip. I saw many GM vehicles and most of which didn't have a bar-code what a relief. Toyota is moving foward and dumping to fleets, I just feel sorry for the people that had to rent them.

No one at all seems to be buying cars, toyota might as well fleet them.

Chris