LA: nice earthquake we just had, eh?

Yup... felt it down here in San Diego (UCSD area).

Where was the epicenter? How big?

Supposedly Chino Hills, which is about 50 miles inland. Aftershocks right now in Diamond Bar.

Everyone I hit up (all but one) said it was a party.

Glad to hear you're alright though. I've always wanted to know what an earthquake felt like, I just never wanted to be in one! The ones we've had here were so minor, I slept through them both!

New England is due for a big one, but our "big ones" are like 3.5

Any damage to buildings, roads, etc???

Doesn't seem like there was much major damage. news report

Spoke with my gf, who is in Diamond Bar (few miles from epicenter), and she said it made a few things fall off shelves and got the water in the pool to splash out but nothing major.

New England is due for a big one, but our "big ones" are like 3.5

I heard we're due for more like a 5-6. What sucks is, if Manhattan gets struck, those buildings are NOT prepared for an earthquake in any way.

I was eating lunch when the quake struck. Ou dog never barked or wimpered. She just kept her eye on my lunch!

She's focusing on priorities. :AH-HA_wink:

My dog was sharking (what we call her when she's under the table during meals. You drop food? You'll never hear it hit the ground), my goddaughter's chicken during lunch today. She kept licking her jowls. I think deep down she just was begging for her to drop it.

I was in my car and didn't notice the shaking until Larry Mantle stopped mid-sentence and started bawling about the quake. Then I did notice a slight rocking sensation but that was it. The callers, on the other hand, went ballistic and started sharing their OMG-I-FELT-IT-MY-PEPPER-MILL-TOPPLED-OVER stories. Anyone else find the overreaction amusing?

I was in my car and didn't notice the shaking until Larry Mantle stopped mid-sentence and started bawling about the quake. Then I did notice a slight rocking sensation but that was it. The callers, on the other hand, went ballistic and started sharing their OMG-I-FELT-IT-MY-PEPPER-MILL-TOPPLED-OVER stories. Anyone else find the overreaction amusing?

It's best hearing about transplants going thru their first. They're ready to pack and skate that very second.

It's best hearing about transplants going thru their first. They're ready to pack and skate that very second.

There's a French woman working in my office, and it was her first time. It was pretty amusing to see the confusion it caused.