New Hope, PA Classic Auto Show

ocn- I'm guessing what you heard about New Hope had nothing to do with cars.

I was at the show once, years ago, and was not impressed. Then, the venue was very makeshift, there weren't many vehicles and there weren't many that caught my fancy. I have not been back, but I might try it out again- it's been a long time. Compared to Hershey it was a fly spec- maybe it's gotten much bigger, because Hershey is monsterous.

Crap- I just remembered I've been working 7 days a week right now. I don't even have time to mow my lawn.

Edited by balthazar

I was thinking of going this year, on Sunday, 8/10 when more trucks show up (if the show is still set-up like in the old days, Saturday is more about the fancy exotic classic cars and Sunday is mainly for the more commom classics cars and trucks). I last went about 3-4 years ago and it was still an impressive car show for that area; being in New Hope, it has that slightly "snotty" feel to it, especially since older exotic cars are still a big part of the show over your more commom classics. Plus there's a fee to get in, and both the school and the locals charge for parking on their land (you may get lucky and find a side road where there's no meters and you can park for free or find parking <good luck!> in the town's free parking lots for the shopping district). Like the AACA fall Hershey show, New Hope also celebrates a long history of featuring this show each year and it is regarded by many to be a top-notch show.

I went a lot in the early '90s when it was at it's original location of New Hope-Solesbury High School; in the mid-'90s the show seemed to move it's location from year to year (it went from the high school in New Hope to Delaware Valley College in Doylestown <a little drive from New Hope but the show was too spread out> to another temp location before going back to the high school - I think because the school district was renovating the school and didn't want anyone on the land), so I kind of lost interest. It was advertized real well in the local Trenton newspapers too, which kept me on top of the dates, but then it disappeared from front page coverage and I lost track. Like I said it is a nice show and the area is beautiful, so it is worth a visit if you'll be there. My wife may decide that we attend this show because up the road a bit is Peddler's Village in Lahaska, PA and there are many unique shops plus some outlet stores too.

There is a much more smaller all-GM car & truck show in Toms River, NJ (outside of Seaside Heights) on Sunday at Lester Glenn Buick-Pontiac-GMC. The benefits to atending that show include seeing new B-P-G vehicles (if you like that kind of thing!), getting new 2009 brochures that the dealer already received, and of course more importantly a trip to the boardwalk afterwards with a stop on the way at White Castle (which is one block over from the dealership; my step son loves White Castle and there aren't too many around us in NJ, so when we're in that area we tend to stop there for a quick bite).

One way or the other I'll be at a car show on Sunday :AH-HA_wink:

Did anyone go to the New Hope show on either Saturday or Sunday? Saturday was obviosuly the better weather day, and I saw a tidbit of it featured on the 11:00 PM Channel 6 (ABC) news.

I opted to go to the much smaller, all-GM show in Toms River yesterday instead of New Hope, seeing as how the weather was not going to be as nice. I got to the GM show with about 30 minutes to spare before huge lightning bolts, thunder & heavy rain forced the show to ened 2 hours early. As soon as I can download my camera at home, I'll add a new post with pictures from that show.

• 4 weeks later...