Olds owner

thanks! No pics as of yet, just got a new lap top, and couldn't afford a camera or scanner....will try to have pics soon though....my Delta is in need of a serious restoration though....Its been a daily driver for its entire life and has seen every rain and snow storm here in New York....I'm actually 25 miles away from hitting 120K

thanks!

You are welcome!

No pics as of yet, just got a new lap top, and couldn't afford a camera or scanner....will try to have pics soon though....my Delta is in need of a serious restoration though....Its been a daily driver for its entire life and has seen every rain and snow storm here in New York....I'm actually 25 miles away from hitting 120K

Wow...early congrats on that milestone ;).

Take your time with the pics ... just post 'em when you can. Frankly, I don't care what shape the car is in ... I just like seeing older cars....he he he.

I've got a 78 olds 98 2 door ,is your delta a two or four door. Do you have the 350 or the 403.

[post="36565"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

its a 4 door, I used to own a 4 door'78 98 as well. Thanks guys, its good to be here...hopefully i'll have pics soon

Edit: I have a 350, and had a 350 in my Ninety Eight Edited by Delta Force79

350 in my 98 as well. You know there is a b-body yahoo group you can join. Most on there have Caprices but some guys have other stuff too. There are some pretty knowledgeble guys on there one guy doing a body off resto on a Delta like yours.

[post="37384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

have a link???

Hey buddy. Welcome aboard. I have the sisteeer car to your Delta.... a 1979 Coupe DeVille. A lot of interchangability... except for that 425cu.in. Caddy motor. :)

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Hey buddy. Welcome aboard. I have the sisteeer car to your Delta.... a 1979 Coupe DeVille. A lot of interchangability... except for that 425cu.in. Caddy motor. :)

Posted Image

[post="37859"][/post]

Thanks....very nice`Caddy...I almost bought a '79 Sedan Deville, but got the Olds instead....there's just something about a Rocket

I lived there too-up in Putnam now . How old are you ? Do you remember the 79 Delta that used to be on Tremont sometimes maybe ten-twelve years ago Candy red with a white half top and had some weird pinstriping on it . I really liked that car. Do you go to the car show at Orchard beach ?

I lived there too-up in Putnam now . How old are you ?  Do you remember the 79 Delta that used to be on Tremont sometimes maybe ten-twelve years ago Candy red with a white half top and had some weird pinstriping on it . I really liked that car. Do you go to the car show at Orchard beach ?

[post="40065"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well I'm turning 23 in like 2 weeks...I don't recall seeing that car,however I've heard of the show at orchard Beach...but never been....too embarassed to pull up in my Delta....it needs work :(

But I do live near Tremont...Throgs Neck end, by Country Club, and Edge Water park :lol:

how long ago did you move? what part of Putnam are you in now?

BTW theres alot of street racers on Central Ave in Yonkers on Thursdays now....its annoying as hell...They always get thrown out by cops and always come back....You know the Nathans parking lot on Central? that where they meet

I remember Nathans parking lot in the good old days (mid eighties) no rice rockets there then and lots of heavy duty stuff . My good friend lives in Country Club. I moved from there years ago but I used to hang around Morris Park alot with cousins all the time when I was in my teens and twenties. Do you ever go watch what goes on on the Hutch? Some tough dudes there not my place but fun to watch, I've seen a few times. Do you have any extra stuff for your Delta ? I need a left side top of the rear bumper

GM is a differen't and much older animal(in the US). There are still many brand loyalists out there (albeit mostly older folks as far as Olds goes). But in Canada Pontiac is a stronger player than Chevy atleast as far as the Cobolt (Cavelier) and the (Pursuit) Sunfire. That's why GM chose the Pursuit over the Cobalt. I hope GM saves Buick, and I still believe killing Olds was a mistake. It definately would have made more sense to keep Olds here than Saab. They should have just used Saab in Europe where their market was very good. When they killed olds it's output was 300,000 units per year. I don't believe Saab is near that in the US...but I could be wrong, if so feel free to corect me on this. In any event many of those 300,000 customers did not go to Buick as a backup....interesting.........The Name of the brand does make a difference to many people even when it's just a rebadge!!!

Orchard Beach? As In Old Orchard Beach in Maine? :huh:

I remember Nathans parking lot in the good old days (mid eighties) no rice rockets there then and lots of heavy duty stuff . My good friend lives in Country Club. I moved from there years ago but I used to hang around Morris Park alot with cousins all the time when I was in my teens and twenties.  Do you ever go watch what goes on on the Hutch? Some tough dudes there not my place but fun to watch, I've seen a few times. Do you have any extra stuff for your Delta ? I need a left side top of the rear bumper

[post="40477"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I used to live in Morris Park too.... :lol: on Neil Ave....off Williamsbridge Rd.

Yes I've seen the racing on The Hutch....got stuck there at 4:30 in the morning waiting for them to race....southbound side....right at the entrance to the Hutch from 95....coming Northbound once, I almost wrecked my Delta because of some punk in his Integera pulling into the right and coming to a dead stop....from the entrance to the Hutch from City Island....

Unfortunately the only part I do have is a spare rear bumper....but I bought it to replace mine due to my rear bumper starting to rot out in the corners :(

Sixty8...no Orchard Beach in New York :)

Let me know if you come across another good rear bumper I really just need the top left but I would get the whole thing . I saw a 78 or 79 black 98 on a junk yard flatbed about two weeks ago on the Bruckner getting off at Hunts point Ave but I was going the other way. It's probably soda cans now . Did you check out that b-body site ?

Will do Monte....try searching salavge yards online...I bought my bumper about 5 years ago now....originally for my 78 98, I got it online from Monty's Auto Salvage in Montana I believe...try a google salvage yard search....Yes I am awaiting membership approval for the B-body group

• 3 months later...
I had the chance of buying a really clean 2 door Delta 88 Holiday coupe with bucket seats/floor shifter, guages, rear sway bar and a 301 2 bbl Pontiac V8 at a local auction several years back. I couldn't believe how much money that car sold for, about $1000 more than I would have topped out at. Now I could kick myself for not buying it. These cars are very rare and hard to find. If it had a Olds rocket 350 I probably would have got it. Anybody ever see these cars anymore?