August 2008 Sales: Ford Motor Company

I can't see myself in a CUV or a truck-based SUV...if I get another SUV down the road, I want a real one..either another Grand Cherokee, a Wrangler, or a Defender (too bad you can't get new ones here). Maybe a used Range Rover Sport.

What we need is a Medium duty SUV with real diesel power. 23 m.p.g., enough tourque to haul a real camping trailer, easier to park than Oldsmoboi's Avi, etc.

But I'm dreaming, I think.

Chris

What we need is a Medium duty SUV with real diesel power. 23 m.p.g., enough tourque to haul a real camping trailer, easier to park than Oldsmoboi's Avi, etc.

But I'm dreaming, I think.

Chris

Yes...that why I'm thinking of a Grand Cherokee diesel... it's the perfect size for me and can go off-road.

The Avi is surprisingly easy to park. I could maneuver it better than some smaller FWD cars.

Really....I'd have thought it was a real "tank" to park.

Was the avi ever available with Diesel?

Chris

Really....I'd have thought it was a real "tank" to park.

Was the avi ever available with Diesel?

Chris

Every review I've read of the Avi was that it road and drove like a much smaller vehicle. After my two years of ownership with it, I'd have to agree. It was far less cumbersome than the Roadmaster.

Unfortunately, has never been available with a diesel, but I hope that'll change when the new V8 diesel comes out. I still maintain that the Avi is the most versatile vehicle on the planet.

Every review I've read of the Avi was that it road and drove like a much smaller vehicle. After my two years of ownership with it, I'd have to agree. It was far less cumbersome than the Roadmaster.

Unfortunately, has never been available with a diesel, but I hope that'll change when the new V8 diesel comes out. I still maintain that the Avi is the most versatile vehicle on the planet.

How was the visibility out the back? With the rear window inset like that, I would think it would be a challenge to parallel park or pull in or back out of parking spaces..

It's too bad Jeep didn't do something like the Avi... something smaller but with the same idea on a GC or Commander would have been really nice, I think.

The side mirrors make up for it.

The thing that really "made" the Avi was it's ability to haul a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood fully protected from the weather but also allow you to carry 4 passengers with great comfort. Not at the same time.... but the ability to do either/or in a package smaller than a normal quad-cab pickup with an 8 foot bed.

The side mirrors make up for it.

The thing that really "made" the Avi was it's ability to haul a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood fully protected from the weather but also allow you to carry 4 passengers with great comfort. Not at the same time.... but the ability to do either/or in a package smaller than a normal quad-cab pickup with an 8 foot bed.

No doubt..quite flexible.