To Camino with LOVE from Germany, oops I mean Mexico

beatlemino922.jpg

Of all the wild-ass rumors we hear on a weekly daily hourly basis, this one has that special air of cow manure. According to Automotive News, Volkswagen is considering a pickup truck for the U.S. based off the second generation Beetle, which is due out around the turn of the decade.

The rationale behind this implausible idea stems from VW's goal to boost annual vehicle sales in the U.S. from its current 230,000 units to 1 million vehicle sales per year by 2018. Other derivatives of the new new Beetle could also include a crossover and a wagon.

Although the recently revealed VW Pickup Concept is only bound for markets outside the U.S. and Europe, a compelling case can be made for a light-duty truck for occasional haulers here in the States. But we somehow doubt that the U.S. consumers could warm up to a Beetle-based truck – nostalgia can only go so far.

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/06/what-th...e-based-pickup/

The cheap body kit front bumper cover is a dead giveaway

that this is not a production (based/bound) vehicle.

Oh my.

That's just....aye.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's hard to tell if I exist" ... Barenaked Ladies ... 'Pinch Me'

I think I want a bus pass now...

Maybe my daughter would like that, she is into all things beetle...

Chris