Where was my 68 Impala built?

I would guess that my 1985 Caprice was also made in Arlington Texas. Though I thought I heard that some of them were made in Janesville Wisconsin. I think the Bonneville came from Fairfox Kansas.

Is that a guess, PCS, or did you get the VIN PM'ed to you?

7th VIN character would be an 'R' if it was Arlington assembled.

Alright, I looked at the VIN number and the only letter in the whole series of characters is a "J". What plant might that be?

Alright, I looked at the VIN number and the only letter in the whole series of characters is a "J". What plant might that be?

Here this should help you: http://www.yearone.com/updatedsinglepages/...llszvinplts.asp

Look carefully, different VIN stampings for different years.

When I 1st started at GM in Arlington, TX. I was told all Impalas were built there from the early 60's.

PCS knows ALL. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Bill Gates has ever heard of "CTRL-ALT-DEL"?

Might it be Janesville Wisconsin? I should look at the 1985 Caprice to see if that one is the same.

Cool, thanks guys. Looks like it was built in Janesville based on the comments and the yearone website.

Perhaps I'll drive her up there in December to watch the last vehicles roll off the assembly line and show her where she was born. :( She'll probably leak a little oil out in the parking lot as if she's shedding a tear.

Edited by gmcbob

>>"When I 1st started at GM in Arlington, TX. I was told all Impalas were built there from the early 60's."<<

Holy crap- I hope this was told to you by the security guard, as opposed to someone with any influence on running GM. '68 Chevies (other than the 'vair, 'maro & 'vette) were built in 17 different plants across the country. No way Arlington alone could have been able to supply even a major fraction of the demand for Impalas in the '60s.

When I 1st started at GM in Arlington, TX. I was told all Impalas were built there from the early 60's.

And this just re-emphasizes that you guys shouldn't believe anything this clown writes on the internet. His entire point with every post is to 1) Subtly tell you how better he is than you and 2) get you all worked up about issues you are passionate about by stating the opposite of your beliefs, just to get a response out of you.

And hopefully nobody believes that this guy is in any position to influence GM or GME. He's not, the big decisions are made way above his pay grade.

>>"When I 1st started at GM in Arlington, TX. I was told all Impalas were built there from the early 60's."<<

Holy crap- I hope this was told to you by the security guard, as opposed to someone with any influence on running GM. '68 Chevies (other than the 'vair, 'maro & 'vette) were built in 17 different plants across the country. No way Arlington alone could have been able to supply even a major fraction of the demand for Impalas in the '60s.

Ya, Balthy's Right. My Dad's 65 Impala SS 'vert was made in Tarrytown, NY.

And this just re-emphasizes that you guys shouldn't believe anything this clown writes on the internet. His entire point with every post is to 1) Subtly tell you how better he is than you and 2) get you all worked up about issues you are passionate about by stating the opposite of your beliefs, just to get a response out of you.

And hopefully nobody believes that this guy is in any position to influence GM or GME. He's not, the big decisions are made way above his pay grade.

:withstupid: :rotflmao:

:withstupid: :rotflmao:

Well it figures that you would be with stupid, as you always seem to be on the wrong side of every issue. As for 02ChevySS, he only seems to post about me, it's nice to see I have such a loyal fan base. :smilewide:

I'm confused about the "how better he is than you" part of his post, didn't I just admit to a mistake?

Now as for what I do, just take solace in the fact, that I will be with the person that replaces Lutz, when he leaves in late 2010 or early 2011. :AH-HA_wink: