Get away from it all!

capriceman

Me and the gf are going to get away from it all for about a week and a half

She said she was sick of it all so i looked at my frequent flier miles and DAMN!!!! We are leaving tonight and flying into SoCal and just putts around down there hopefully soak up some sun. then flying up to Alaska and check the building process of my home and make sure its warped for the winter as i don't see much more getting done to it this year. I want to go rent a car and cruise around Arizona too if we have time. then We will fly to Las Vegas for 2 days and then go home. I think I will surprise her in Vegas with the "knot" but we will see.

I was just wondering about anything to do in socal or is it just fun to just chill on the beach?

We really looking forward to this rather shotgun vacation planed out in about 3 days. I need to realize how lucky I am sometimes and take it all in. Its sweet being semi retired. Just go into work when you want and not really care about anything. :)8)

Edited by capriceman

Vacation? Oh yeah, I just had one of those in 2003. Yeah those are nice once in the while. The most rest time I will have is getting the Caprice and Bonneville ready for winter.

We took 2 in the last year: one to Vegas/L.A., and the other to Chicago in July. The latter was fairly spur of the moment.

We're gearing up for another sojourn in Brazil. I haven't had the nerve to spring it on the new bosses yet. This time we are going to take in Iguacu Falls, along with Sao Paulo, Joao Passoa (the in-laws live there along with half the family), and possibly northern Brazil this time. It depends on whether I can ask (beg?) the usual 25 or so days off, something my previously employer didn't care about in the month of February.

Sounds like a great time.

I'm getting my first real vacation since 1992 this winter. Yep, I haven't had an actual vacation since I was 8. Since then every "vacation" I've had has been spent either moving or going back to Chicago home for a few days, which totally doesn't count. So when Jill basically demanded that I take a couple weeks off work to go to Florida this December, I didn't put up a fight.

You guys defiantly need to take those vacations more often.

I just have one complaint so far. Im in "Fransico" and its like 54 degrees outside I can get that in Michigan!

I had a nice mini-vacation back home in Colorado this weekend..beautiful fall weather, aspens all gold and yellow around the Denver metro, blue skies, snow capped mountains in the distance. Good times w/ good friends...made me homesick and realize how much I hate Arizona...will most likely be moving back to Denver in '09.

Probably going to take off the week between Xmas and New Years..probably go to San Diego..

Thinking about a real vacation (a week or more) in Spring...thinking about going to explore Seattle and Vancouver and the surrounding areas...