HCCP Fall Finale

Camino LS6

Great weather for the show today - cool, crisp, and sunny. Took the '38 Dodge for what will likely be its last outing of 2008. Over 600 cars this year, the oldest of which was a 1904 Cadillac (no pic). I only took a few pics due to lots of looking around and BSing. And Imageshack seems to be on the rag tonight, so some are missing. (I'll try to add them)

Enjoy:

1000945ai6.jpg

1000944tl2.jpg

1000943sq4.jpg

1000942kb7.jpg

1000941if0.jpg

1000940ql9.jpg

1000939hg4.jpg

1000938jo7.jpg

WOW, Camino!

Great pics and some awesome cars, I see. Very cool ... thanks for sharing.

BTW ... No Monte Carlos there? ;)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We're outta here" ... Steve Azar ... 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'

WOW, Camino!

Great pics and some awesome cars, I see. Very cool ... thanks for sharing.

BTW ... No Monte Carlos there? ;)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We're outta here" ... Steve Azar ... 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'

There was at least one Monte there, I never got to see it up close because it left before I could. Looked very clean from a distance. I never saw the front, but it was either a '74 or a '75.

There was also a Laguna there, and that was it for Colonnades.

There was at least one Monte there, I never got to see it up close because it left before I could. Looked very clean from a distance. I never saw the front, but it was either a '74 or a '75.

There was also a Laguna there, and that was it for Colonnades.

Aye...that isn't a very good turnout for those! Dangumit.

Hmmm...how much of the tail end did you see of the MC?

Aye...that isn't a very good turnout for those! Dangumit.

Hmmm...how much of the tail end did you see of the MC?

Saw it clearly, and I'm fairly sure it was a '75. I just don't remember the rear of the '74s clearly - so I might be wrong.

I'm basing my ID of it as a '75 on three things:

1) it has the big shock absorber rear bumper

2) it has the tailights with the top "section" blank (body color)

3) it has the front marker lights stacked in the side of the front fender extensions (you can see them from the side and they are two small rectangular lenses)

How'd I do?

Saw it clearly, and I'm fairly sure it was a '75. I just don't remember the rear of the '74s clearly - so I might be wrong.

I'm basing my ID of it as a '75 on three things:

1) it has the big shock absorber rear bumper

2) it has the tailights with the top "section" blank (body color)

3) it has the front marker lights stacked in the side of the front fender extensions (you can see them from the side and they are two small rectangular lenses)

How'd I do?

Sadly, I'm not sure...LOL!

From #2, it sounds like you saw a '77 MC.

From #3, it sounds like you are right on the '75....

About the taillights ... was the MC emblem on them at all? If not ... it could've been a '73 or '75.

If so ... it could've been a '74, '76 or '77. I'm guessing it was not a '76 or '77, from your #3 note, as the '76 and '77 front side marker lights were in the lower chrome portion of the front fender, right in front of the wheel well.

'76 taillights are like this:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1976/76MC1007_07_JPG.html

'77s are similar to the '76s, except, as you described, the top 1/3 of them or so are body colored...and "cut off".

'74 taillights are similar to the '76, except the '74's are set into the car and do NOT wrap around.

'75 taillights are like the '76, but have horizontal body colored slits through them ... and no emblem.

'73 taillights are similar to the '74, but no emblem and feature horizontal chrome slits through 'em....

Does that help ... or make it worse? ;)

Sadly, I'm not sure...LOL!

From #2, it sounds like you saw a '77 MC.

From #3, it sounds like you are right on the '75....

About the taillights ... was the MC emblem on them at all? If not ... it could've been a '73 or '75.

If so ... it could've been a '74, '76 or '77. I'm guessing it was not a '76 or '77, from your #3 note, as the '76 and '77 front side marker lights were in the lower chrome portion of the front fender, right in front of the wheel well.

'76 taillights are like this:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1976/76MC1007_07_JPG.html

'77s are similar to the '76s, except, as you described, the top 1/3 of them or so are body colored...and "cut off".

'74 taillights are similar to the '76, except the '74's are set into the car and do NOT wrap around.

'75 taillights are like the '76, but have horizontal body colored slits through them ... and no emblem.

'73 taillights are similar to the '74, but no emblem and feature horizontal chrome slits through 'em....

Does that help ... or make it worse? ;)

Defintely a '75.