16 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Your Favorite?

• Automobile
    • AutoWeek
    • Car&Driver
    • Motor Trend
    • Road&Track
    • Other (Please Specify)

My Motor Trend subscription is up and I'm looking to purchase another year of it along with another magazine (I have a free subscription for winning a Choppin' Competition a while back). Which of the above is your favorite? Which would you recommend? I'm sure I've left several choices out, so feel free to vote 'Other' and specify. Thanks! Bimmer

Automobile's issues are generally thinner than other monthly mags, and I'm not going to renew my subscription. I'm not renewing my Autoweek subscription either because I can get everything online for the most part. I don't really like R&T's extra wide pages, but the articles are generally pretty good. I have a C&D subscription, and they generally have some pretty good stuff, so I'm keeping it.

C/D is a bit trashy, but I grew up with it, so it's always familiar and consistent. I never liked Motor Trend, but recently, it has gotten a lot better... the photography is better, the layout is better, and the articles are more interesting.

I subscribe to Motor Trend because they don't really have any obvious bias. I had a Autoweek subscrpition and it had pretty good content for a weekly publication. I've never really read C&D but if it's anything like their show, I don't like they way they try to be funny and aren't. Plus, browsing through them in book stores when reading their replies to readers, they come off as having an attitude or something.

Automotive News... But that's expensive. Other suggestions: AutoWeek (Auotmotive News' sister publication) because it's weekly of course. MPH thus far has really impressed me. The layout/photography is the best I've ever seen and so far I haven't read any bias in there (But I've only seen 2 issues) and they've been pushing a year subscription (10 issues) for $10 Personally, I don't subscribe to any of them. Why pay, when 1) it's biased garbage a lot of the time and 2) I can get it for free in a nice cushioned sitting area with no distractions at my local bookstore. But, those would be my top choices if I chose to subscribe.

Well... I have a subscription to both Motor Trend and Car & Driver.

MT has turned to crap, IMO. The photography sucks, the layout sucks, and the format sucks. Ugh... I like it better before when this: (*whatever*), the weird color combos, and the photos give barely any idea of what the car looks like didn't exist.

As for C&D, I'm beginning to like it better than MT. I originally cancelled because of their outrageous bias, but since I got a gift subscription to it, I haven't really noticed a bias. I've been pleasantly surprised. If things continue as they are... I may have only C&D coming to my mailbox each month.

I haven't read MPH yet, so any feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Right now my decision is down to MPH, C&D, or possibly Road&Track.  Suggestions?

[post="38379"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I haven't read MPH yet, but I recall C/D poking fun at it, because one of their former staffers is now an editor there. Apparently, MPH is just as juvenile as C/D, and they like the word "ass" a lot.

Autoweek is my favorite, C/D second. I find the writing in these the best. Autoweek is very even. C/D has a little attitude though. But these days there's will no reason to get a print magazine anymore unless you need to feel something in your hands.