Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

1990 Chevy Suburban R2500

I've had it for about 2 years now and I'm about 150 miles from 170,000 miles.

What I've needed to replace so far:

*Front brake pads

*Master cylinder

*Battery

*Tensioner pulley

What I've replaced for good measure:

*Brake line hoses

*Spark plugs

*Spark plug wire set

*Air filter

*Fuel filter

*Tires

*All fluids

I know I've replaced more things than this for good measure <_<

Ok so now on to the good stuff.

IMG_1616.jpg

P1000146.jpg

Dropped the transmission oil pan and filter this morning:

chevy002.jpg

After that I was too damn oily to use the camera any more ^_^

After I cleaned up I took a picture of the mess I made from changing the transmission fluid. :D

chevy.jpg

Still need to take the molding off the right side and replace it like I did on the left side. :ph34r:

Edited by 1990Suburban

Fantastic. A+ :)

Great truck, great year... I've had a couple myself.

Too bad your Burb has a tailgate & not barn doors.

XP715 has almost a 1/4 million miles on his 1990

Burb 1500 2wd...

Fantastic. A+ :)

Great truck, great year... I've had a couple myself.

Too bad your Burb has a tailgate & not barn doors.

XP715 has almost a 1/4 million miles on his 1990

Burb 1500 2wd...

Hey I like my tailgate unless something has slid to the front behind the second row. <_<

Hey I like my tailgate unless something has slid to the front behind the second row. <_<

Having a tailgate in dry, sunny California is not a big deal. But up here in New England where the hard winters and gratuitous use of road salt take their toll on vehicles, barn doors are a MUST. Tailgates on this generation 'Burb around here rot out and then FALL out! I had a '90 V1500 with a tailgate before the barn door R1500 I have now that I was afraid to open because of how rotted out it was back there. Every time I did it could have been my last!

Nice truck and welcome to the forums. Glad to see I'm not the only one rocking one of the last real all-steel Suburbans.

I'm a fan of that cooling device you have mounted on your dash.

:lol: The guy I bought it from said the ac didn't blow cold air because compressor didn't work. So I decided to put it in because it was starting to get hot (100°F+ hot) and couldn't afford to replace the compressor. Then one day I was doing something to the engine and noticed the wiring harness to the compressor wasn't plugged in so I plug it in and the clutch engaged and ran for a little then disengaged and kept doing it so I hook up my gauge to check the refrigerant pressure and sure enough the damn thing was low and a can of R134a fixed that and it has been blowing cold air since and hasn't lost any pressure.