Anyone use George Foreman Grills?

We've had one for several years. Went for a while unused but several months ago I dragged it out and started using it again. This thing makes awesome chicken, bacon and pork chops (never tried fish). However whenever I grill burgers it always drys them out. If anyone owns of of these things do you have this problem, and if so did you find a solution?

I use it every few weeks. You should only use it on things that are greasy and moist, as it is designed to remove said grease. Burgers aren't really something I want to remove the fat from. Sausages work well, so does chicken. Anything thick or covered in something like barbeque sauce is a bad idea since there's no way to turn down the heat, so you'll burn the outside long before cooking the middle.

Thing is, when you use a normal grill the grease falls away from the burger too, but they can come out fine. I was wondering if maybe the recommended 5-7 minutes is actually too long?

Also - the difference is that on a normal grill the patty is not compressed, so it retains more fat and moisture.

I use 93/7 beef when I make burgers for mine, but I put a little olive oil in them. They turn out fine for me, I just keep checking them. I also mash them down as flat as I can, because when they shrink from cooking, they can also get thicker. The flatter they are, the sooner that can come off :shrugs:

Salmon filets turn out fine, too. They don't take long atall.

Olive oil...that might be an idea to try. Are the burgers juicy or dried out at all?

It's an awesome appliance really. It takes so much hassle and time out of cooking. I will have to try different things. Luckily I like burgers very much, so I don't mind experimenting. :D

i love that thing chicken and fish are good on it as well as hotdogs. never tried pork.

Burgers suck on it! better off using charcoal!!

Bacon-bake your bacon! put it in a sheet pan and bake it in the oven. Comes out good for me.

We have one that is 6-7 years old and is used at least twice a month, if not more. However, I recently made hamburgers on it and they were horrible. The wife didn't comment, so I knew she wasn't happy with them either (remember, no news doesn't equal good news!). I cook hot dogs and chicken on there a lot, and no complaints. I wonder how bacon would turn out? The wife uses the oven to make bacon, but not the broiler which I think would make it better (the oven seems to take forever and it's not cooked enough for me; I used the broiler last time to cook it more and it worked). We have a small GF grille, only able to do 3 big burgers at one time. We don't use it a lot, and I use the gas grille in the warmer months for cookouts, so I won't spend the $$$ to buy a bigger GF grille.