Toyota considering a Honda Ridgeline Competitor?

Guest carpetbagger

Guest carpetbagger
My friend was looking at a used tacoma and the sales person was telling him that. Ive heard all kinds of crazyiness from dealers of all brands so whatever. But they have been talking about it over at japan car forums for quite a while so who knows. Ridgeline isnt doing good, do we need another one?

My friend was looking at a used tacoma and the sales person was telling him that. Ive heard all kinds of crazyiness from dealers of all brands so whatever. But they have been talking about it over at japan car forums for quite a while so who knows.

Ridgeline isnt doing good, do we need another one?

Hmmm...maybe something based off the Highlander....with a hybrid version.

Who knows what form the next generation Tacoma is going to take? I don't think Ridgeline's architecture is the reason for it's sales (or lack thereof.) I think it's UGLY.....that's why it doesn't sell. Like EVOK said, everyone poopoo'd unibody SUVs when they first came out....now look where they're at.... I wouldn't sign the death knell just yet for the idea of a unibody pickup like Ridgeline..

Car sales people often know very little about their current products. So you'll understand my skepticism about this dealer's claim.

[post="42672"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What he said. Reminds me of the Toyota rep who told Polish_Kris lower HP ratings were a result of Toyota actively detuning engines to get better fuel economy because they care about you and the environment.

Guest carpetbagger

What he said. Reminds me of the Toyota rep who told Polish_Kris lower HP ratings were a result of Toyota actively detuning engines to get better fuel economy because they care about you and the environment.

[post="42687"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

wow, thats pretty funny, detuning 20 hp doesnt save much to brag on even if it were true

Car sales people often know very little about their current products. So you'll understand my skepticism about this dealer's claim.

Why would Toyota need a Ridgeline competitor when they already have two trucks?

[post="42672"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, but the Ridgeline has a trunk.....in the bed!!! :o

:rolleyes:

Yeah, but the Ridgeline has a trunk.....in the bed!!!  :o
:rolleyes:

[post="42920"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I love the new ridgeline commercial, where the bear jumps out in the road and the guy tosses him a fish to get rid of it. It just so happens that all the crap in the bed is conveniently placed away from the "trunk," so as not to show what a pain it would be to have to move (remove) everything in the bed to access the trunk.