2002 BMW X5 4.4i AWD for $7200?

mjdecker

I'd check it out in person and have a professional who can tell if something was salvaged or not go look at it. It could just be a scam too. Where does the CarFax say it was last serviced? I found a GTO on autotrader probably a month ago for $8k and the guy said it was in Germany but it had been serviced the day before in California.

Being that Saturday night my mom bought a CPO 2005 X5 4.4 for 50 grand (was 60 before some crazy negotiations) over at Bob Smith BMW in Calabassas, I'd say that there is deffinitely something wrong with that price...It's deffinitely a scam. I think it is crazy, the onyl cars on auto trader and places like that I see rediculous prices on (obvious scams) are Bimmers...they usually tend to be e36 M3's...this is the first time I've seen an X5 scam.

Speaking of the X5 4.4, I helped my manager replace the battery in his last Friday...complete PITA--took over an hour.  (the battery is under the spare in the trunk well--had to take out 6 bolts, etc).

[post="46877"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow. I noticed that at the Auto Show but didn't realize it was that big of a deal. I thought I and other G-body-ers had it bad with the battery being under the rear seat. Its actually very easy to remove.

When looking at my mom's X5 I was curious of how to remove the battery (upon quick glance of the fuse area and spare tire well I didn't even see it). BMW likes to put the batteries in the back for weight distribution purposes I would assume. Mine is in the back of my 5, but it is easy to get to...oh well...I guess we'll deal with it when the issue arises...

Let's compare it to this one located in Michigan on Ebay with the same pictures
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-BMW-X5...1QQcmdZViewItem

I noticed the ebay logo and decided to check it out.  Definitely a scam

That will explain everything.. Thanks for the link!

I'm curious how/if the seller on autotrader responds to any questions on people who want to check it out in person. I was considering it since the location listed is not even a 2 hour drive from where I am. :unsure: