Move a GM model to another division

We've already done the "create/bring back" thread and the "drop" thread, now here's one we were screaming to see....because we know it's what GM needs to do. I'd do the following: -Corvette to Pontiac (yes, it will be controversial, but why is the top dog sports car in GM's lineup a Chevy, the basic division?) -Sky to Pontiac (as the Solstice's mid-run freshening) -Torrent to GMC (what would a Torrent Denali be like?) -VUE to Pontiac (if Pontiac's going to have a Theta at all, they should have the coolest one) -HHR to Pontiac (should have been the Vibe's replacement) -Aveo to Saturn (Saturn just seems be a better place for cars THAT small, even with Chevy's dating-back-to-'75 tradition) -Montana/Relay to GMC (Buick can keep the Terraza) -BLS to Buick (makes more sense there) Ban me please! Edited by LosAngeles

Okay... Posted Image

Basically... I have a few problems with everything you said concerning Pontiac and could care less about the rest. So, like it or not, here's my criticisism...

-Corvette? Well, if it's name changes to Banshee and gets Pontiac styling... Yes.
-Sky? Hell no... It's a Saturn and the Solstice looks great and unique.
-Vue? If it keeps the Honda engine, is sporting, gets Pontiac styling, different name.. Maybe.
-HHR? If it it had modern Pontiac styling and looked nothing like it, then... Yes.

Okay... Posted Image

Basically... I have a few problems with everything you said concerning Pontiac and could care less about the rest. So, like it or not, here's my criticisism...

-Corvette? Well, if it's name changes to Banshee and gets Pontiac styling... Yes.
-Sky? Hell no... It's a Saturn and the Solstice looks great and unique.
-Vue? If it keeps the Honda engine, is sporting, gets Pontiac styling, different name.. Maybe.
-HHR? If it it had modern Pontiac styling and looked nothing like it, then... Yes.

[post="3556"][/post]

Corvette's close enough in Pontiac feel, just replace the bowtie with an arrowhead.

Again, like I said, Sky would just be the radical freshening two or three years after this current Solstice.

The VUE has a Honda engine? Anyways, you can't say that the VUE Redline isn't one of the coolest small utes out there...give it a Torrent grille, but keep the Vue headlights, LOL

LOL, would renaming the HHR "Silver Streak" make you happy?

LosAngeles: Actually, I'd agree with about everything you proposed. Of course, those are all idealistic -- rather than realistic -- changes.

< selfishly and territorial > Except for the BLS going to Buick, 'cause Buick needs product and Cadillac is doing well right now as it is.

Guest WestPalmHarry
I'd probably kill Pontiac, GMC, and Buick and leave Chevy, Saturnailia, and Caddy, which is what the intelligencia, not on this site, agrees with. And thats intelligencia, BTW. :P

Corvette made a Pontiac??? NO F%#$@ING GOD*&^$ED WAY! Corvette/XLR sibling called Banchee? YES PLEASE!!! :) Other than that I'd give the Sky to Chevy & distribute the rest of the Saturn lineup betweend pontiac & buick. Dump the Relay BTW.

I'd probably kill Pontiac, GMC, and Buick and leave Chevy, Saturnailia, and Caddy, which is what the intelligencia, not on this site, agrees with.  And thats intelligencia, BTW.  :P

[post="4394"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This isn't the "drop" thread....this is the "move/trade" thread....