Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

What GM Vehicle....

12 posts in this topic

Even though it was NEVER INTENDED back then. Due to POLITICAL CORRECTNESS that would be called (( :blink: RACIST :blink: )) today! :P

Even though it was NEVER INTENDED back then. Due to POLITICAL CORRECTNESS that would be called ((  :blink: RACIST :blink: )) today! :P

[post="48436"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hear you....but not much different than 'Pontiac'....an Indian chief and the Pontiac emblem is an Indian arrow.
Posted ImagePosted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

When you think about it, these were very respectful homages to Native American figures, far more than some of the sports mascots today. I'm not against those mascots, but I'm just saying. Anyway, Cheyenne was used until the late 1990s as a trim level on Chevrolet fullsize pickups up 'till 1999 when the Silverado name simplified it all. And Pontiac StratoChief is probably the most American name of any car ever.

It absolutely does. Pontiac and it's imagery is in no way shape or form racist and those that say it is don't know the definition of the word.

When you think about it, these were very respectful homages to Native American figures, far more than some of the sports mascots today. I'm not against those mascots, but I'm just saying.

[post="48458"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Absolutely right! :)

I too love the Apache name.

I like the name 'Apache' alot to sixty8......in fact, I tend to like most native names for vehicles. Pontiac, Cheyenne, Cherokee etc etc...they have interest, unlike so many lame names on cars and trucks today.

I know, I know, its an old thread, but I'm catching up on it all. Although I did think that the best name of an Apache is the McDonnell Douglas AH-64.....then again, I'm an aircraft and GM nut.

The Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealer in my hometown is called Mohawk. Then again, they have license to, since the largest indian reservation in Canada is right next to the town.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0