Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Justin Bimmer

Barbeque Smoking

6 posts in this topic

First, NO I DO NOT MEAN IT LIKE THAT!

I am thinking about buying a meat smoker. I have looked at the Weber and the Bradley and am curious if anybody does this?

I love pulled pork and I don't have a true smoker, but I make do with my trusty Webber kettle grill. It's tough to keep the heat low and the smoke going for the number of hours required to do the complete job in the grill. So, I found a recipe that goes something like this:

1, Put a rub on the meat for several hours or over night.

2. Get a small amount of charcoal burning in a pile on one side of the grill and add some wood chunks that have been soaked in water.

3. Put the meat on the grill on the side opposite of where the charcoal is located, cover and let smoke for about two hours.

4. Wrap the meat up in foil and put in a low oven for about 3 hours to completely cook the meat.

5. Take out and let cool to where you can pull it apart.

Yeah, it's a compromise method, but it's easy and it tastes great.

Yeah, the bradley smoker had bisquettes made of jim beam barrells that you can smoke with.

Your weber kettle method is a good way to do it without investing 300 bones in just the apparatus.

I haven't done it myself, but I've seen it done. The end result is a real treat.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0