~ ~ ~ Kamp Krusty

Once in a while if there's nothing good on TV and Sofia wants to to watch some cartoons I'll throw in one of our several seasons of the Simpsons on DVD. After having watched the ENTIRE 4th season twice already in the past few months I decided to look at the special features last night... Funny stuff. For some fantasticly hillarious reason they decided to include the Kamp Krusty episode in the bonus features in several interesting languages. The two that caught my eye as interesting were Brazilian Portugese and Japanese. So I'm bored and I decide, why not.... I'll watch Kamp Krusty in Japanese. Just for the sheer hilarity. If for nothing else, Homer saying "Doh" in Japanese is worth it. <<< Now here's the point I wanted to post, and this whole thread was inspired by Ocnblu's "Lexus Dealership Cadillac Tank poster" idea in the tank thread. >>> The sceene where the teacher runs out of the building and says: "Wait, you didn't find out how WWII ended.... WE WON!" I sat up in anticipation and all I could make out was "Amerika waji-jima kaoooo maju" (you get the point) It just really struck a chord with me. Must be kind of weird for someone in Japan watching this who maybe lost their grandfather in WWII or whatever. Interesting how many innoccent and seemingly harmless moments in a show like the this are actaully a real paradigm shift in another culture. I know these days Japan is very pacifist and all but this stil must seem odd to them. Whatever, just food four thoght. I thought it was worht mentioning. :)

That's interesting--I've only watched the Italian language version of it. In English, in that scene the kids chant "USA! USA! USA!" In Italian, they chant, "Abbiamo vinto! Abbiamo vinto!" (we won, we won) I guess I should try watching some of the other languages :)

Hail to thee, Kamp Krusty, By the shores of Big Snake Lake. Though your swings are rusty, We know they'll never break. From your gleaming mess hall, To your hallowed baseball field, Your spic n' span infirmary, Where all our wounds are healed. Hail to thee, Kamp Krusty, Below Mount Avalanche. We will always love Kamp Krusty, A registered trademark of the Krusty Corporation, All rights reserved!

That is one of the top 10 episodes ever... of course this commig from someone who has like 37 episodes on his top ten list. :P

That is one of the top 10 episodes ever... of course this commig from someone who has like 37 episodes on his top ten list. :P

[post="51056"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL... I completely understand--I am the same way when it comes to the Simpsons... I'll pop in a season and say, "Oh, you have to just watch this episode... it's the best!" and as soon as it ends and the menu pops up, I'll see another title and say, "Oh, you just have to watch this one too--it's the BEST!" lol

How about Bart's sleepover at the Flanders-eses.

Rod & Todd: "Iron helps us play!"

Crazy Clown Bed: If you should DIE before you wake! He-he-He HE!!! Edited by Sixty8panther

How about Bart's sleepover at the Flanders-eses.
Rod & Todd: "Iron helps us play!"

Crazy Clown Bed: If you should DIE before you wake! He-he-He HE!!!

[post="51396"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I love that episode:

Bart: Homer!
Homer: Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh. Homer's what grownups call me. Call me daddy.
Bart: Homer.
Homer: Daddy.
Homer: [increasingly irate] Daddy.
Bart: Da...da...da...
Homer: Yes?
Bart: D'omer! Hah, hah, hah...
Homer: Why you little...[chokes Bart]

I love that episode:

Bart: Homer!
Homer: Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.  Homer's what grownups call me.  Call me daddy.
Homer: Daddy.
Homer: [increasingly irate] Daddy.
Bart: Da...da...da...
Homer: Yes?
Bart: D'omer!  Hah, hah, hah...
Homer: Why you little...[chokes Bart]

[post="51401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

AWESOME Episode!!!!

Lyle Lanley: Well, sir, there's nothing on earth Like a genuine, Bona fide, Electrified, Six-car Monorail! What'd I say? Ned Flanders: Monorail! Lyle Lanley: What's it called? Patty+Selma: Monorail! Lyle Lanley: That's right! Monorail! [crowd chants `Monorail' softly and rhythmically] Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud... Lyle Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud. Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend? Lyle Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend. Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs? Lyle Lanley: You'll be given cushy jobs. Abe: Were you sent here by the devil? Lyle Lanley: No, good sir, I'm on the level. Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can. Lyle Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man. I swear it's Springfield's only choice... Throw up your hands and raise your voice! All: Monorail! Lyle Lanley: What's it called? All: Monorail! Lyle Lanley: Once again... All: Monorail! Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken... Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken! All: Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! [big finish] Monorail! Homer: Mono... D'oh!

*music and scenery resembling the show Cheers* "When the weight of the world has got you down and you wanna end your life. Bills to pay, a dead-end job, and problems with the wife. Well don't throw in the towel cause there's a place right down the block... where you can drink your miseries away. At Fla-ming Moes... Where liquor in a mug, can warm you like a hug. Happiness is just a Flaming Moes away.... Happiness is just a Flaming Moes away." *music ends and Barney walks in* Crowd: "BARNEY!!" Woody-type character: "How's the world treating you Mr. Gumble?" Barney: "BELCH!!!!"

I call the big one "Bitey" (one of Matt Groening's personal favorite Simpsons lines ever BTW)