Santa Claus drives a Cadillac - - - - -

...and it's a 1979 Coupe DeVille painted its original "firethorn red" with a white leather interior, powered by a velvety-smooth 425 cubic inch Vee-8.

Posted Image

In front of my house

Posted Image

Close up

Posted Image

That's right, I do in fact HEART vacations, paydays & weekends!

Ross calls me up the other day and pitches this crazy idea of strapping down a wreath to the front of the Coupe Deville, since Marica was out for the night and I'm home wiht Sofia I'm like sure, let's do it up. He's almost pleasantly surprised that I'm goign along wiht such a crazy plan. I tell him I'm just surprised I did not get the idea first.

I mean C'mon, it's a RED Cadillac with a white leather interior.

A few bucks later we had a real pine wreath twisty tied to the grille & an inverter running off the battery with an on/off swith hooked up to the lights off the radiator support.

It's such a cool attention grabber when we went cruising yesterday we got pulled over TWICE in Pepperrell, Mass within 10 minutes... each time just ended up conversing wiht the cop and the second time we even got an appology for getting pulled over twice in the same town. The cops had no problem with the wreath but did tell me to get an inspection sticker since I just bought it they just sent us on our way.

When is the last time a cop pulled you over just to chit-chat? :P

Anyway the whole thing is kind of silly and it was meant to bo tongue-in-cheek funny. It looks ridiculous to have a wreath tied to the front of an obnoxiously flamboiant Cadillac but it puts smiles on peoples faces and that's what the holidays are all about right? I've already gotten a few thumbs up and several waves since we put it on last friday. And today on Rt. 3 a Sequoia slowed down in the middle lane and the girl in the passanger seat snapped a photo of the car.

That right there was worth it!

Forgot to mention.... we might have started a trend this year, already spotted is a white '94ish DeVille that has a wreath on the grille, no lights though. :P Of course I'm kidding, there's always a big yacht or two and a few pickups driving around wiht a wreath on the front. A guy in haverhill used to bolt up a big Rudolph nose to his 80s Ranger. That was funny! Edited by Sixty8panther

That is a nice Caddy. Very pimptastic.

and that last shot you posted looks awesome. Wahtever you did there, it looks like a shot that GM would've used on an ad.

Thanks Z28.... somehow it looks stretched like aone of those sketches/paintings from a classic GM ad but it wasn't.

Another one I liked:

Posted Image

Notice the yellow extension cord in this one coming out of the driver's side frotn valance/fender. This was just a few minutes after we put the wreath on but before we hooked up the inverter/ related wiring.

I've seen plenty of cars with wreaths and ribbons on the grille for the holidays... Never saw one that lit up at night.

[post="51115"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, you have NOW! ^_^

Nice, Sixty8 :).

I see a few cars around here with wreaths on the front ends...but not many.

Heh...I used to put garland along the back ledge of my cars....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"How much longer will they be around?" ... Don Williams ... 'Old Coyote Town'

That sounds cool... like on the bumper? Maybe I'll do that as well if you don't mind me ripping off your idea? :D

That sounds cool... like on the bumper?

[Would've replied sooner, but been away for a few days following my trip to the ER last Thursday.]

No no no...not on the bumper. INside the car...on the back ledge behind the back seat.....

Sorry I didn't make that clearer earlier....

And, no, I don't mind you doing that....as long as you give me credit...he he he

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys think? :)

Posted Image

--------------------------------------
Merry Christmas!

Only about 18". :( Actaully about 10" melted off durring last week. It's looking like a House purchase might not happen untill summer of next year. I hope when it does happen a garage is a part of the deal.