Future Niche Vehicle Imports?

Ghost Dog

Is there a place for Future Global niche Vehicles at Buick?

With the addition of the Insignia, and a future Theta (Centieme?) Buick looks to have strong lineup coming.

My question what potential is there for niche vehicles? (Likely small volume imports)

An Insignia sports tourer based Electra? An insignia coupe?

If you can find a Niche car vehicle that will sell in Shanghi, LA, New York and a lesser degree Germany you might get one. No matter what it is it will have to show a profit even at low volume. Or as GM says Pays the rent.

Edited by hyperv6

Since the G8 is gone, and it is not likely that Chevy will get a Zeta Impala/Caprice I would love to see the LWB Park Avenue sold over here with both a direction injection 3.6 and 6.0L L76 V8 and six speed automatics of course.

Edited by gm4life

Since the G8 is gone, and it is not likely that Chevy will get a Zeta Impala/Caprice I would love to see the LWB Park Avenue sold over here with both a direction injection 3.6 and 6.0L L76 V8 and six speed automatics of course.

It's not my cup of tea, but I think Holden would still like to Build the coupe 60. I could see it with Holden's Buick Fascia. It's really a ready to build car, that's been on hold.

http://concept.holdencampaign.com.au/

holden-coupe-60-back.jpg

I think the unconfirmed Insignia Coupe would likely be a better fit.

GTC Concept

2007-Opel-GTC-Concept-Rear-And-Side-1600

With Saab out of the Fold, Thoughts on the Insignia Sport Tourer?

3VauxhallInsigniaSportsTour.jpg

Edited by Ghost Dog

Before we get ahead of ourselves lets see if the normal high volume sells so we can maybe see a niche car later. Lets face it a coupe is not the hot ticket today as the sedans. Lets see if the sedan sells and then it will pay the way for a low volume coupe.