Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Factory LS5 wagon!

9 posts in this topic

Hot damn, oh yeah.

But here I go with an annoying comment on a detail again... I believe the valance below the front bumper is supposed to be painted silver, not body color.

I'd take it in a heartbeat of america, though, no doubt.

Got me on that one, Ocn.

But this is a very BASE car with just the hot drivetrain: a "long roof racing" special.

I looked at one with a factory 396 when I was in high school - could have had it cheap.

And it was loaded.

Put me down also as one who could have had a 396 wagon...with a damn 4 speed...when I was in high school.

It was white with woodgrain body panels. Nice looking wagon.

Another in a long (too long) list of cars I'll regret not buying on my deathbed.

Chris

IMHO 45K is low for that car. If I had 45K and was a collector that would be a bargain for what it is.

In ten years these cars may well be the Dusenbergs of the collector car market.

In some ways, they already are. Have you seen what Shelby's and LS6 ragtops are bringing at B-J.

Chris

The one I looked at was that light bronze color that so many were back then, without the damn woodgrain!

There is just something just ohhhh soooo right about poping a hood and seeing a big block or a tripower.

My 55 Chevy had an offenhouser tripower intake on it. In some ways of all the cars I've owned, that was a favorite.

Chris

My mom had a new '74 Chevy Bel Air wagon with the 454, no woodgrain, no 3rd row, tailgate slid under the car. I don't recall anything particularly special about it other than the dark green paint....oh and it blew a headlight on the way home from the dealer.

Well, by '74 the 454 was reduced to weakling status compared to a '70 LS5 - let alone an LS6.

Still, that wagon would be a cool cruiser to have today, BP.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0