Sun visor question

I'm looking into a sun visor upgrade for my '99 Saturn SC2. I noticed today while junkyarding that '90's Grand Am's and some other '90's and early '00's GM cars seem to share the same 3-screw mounting design. I didn't get a chance to test and see if the visors really would swap, but they look the same, and I could easily believe that Saturn dipped into the parts pin for their visor hardware.

So, what I'm hoping to find is that some model/trim level that uses this 3-screw mounting design (for the swivel end) came with sun visors that had the extension flap piece. I have it in my suburban, I've had it in buicks past, and would like that little slide out extension in the Saturn.

I know exactly what you mean, because my Achieva has that 3-screw visor.

I would assume all N, L, and J bodies have it. It would seem plausible that the SC might have the same design.

While googling to find you an answer, I stumbled upon your thread at www.sixthsphere.com

Seems you already have a bunch of cool mods! :mind-blowing:

I can't believe you re-did your whole interior!!!

Make sure they're not too wide to fit between the mirror and the pillar.

I don't think they will be - I started to make some LeSabre visors work at one point, until I noticed the bigger problem - they were long enough that I had to lean waaay back to turn them to the side. I think if I can find an N, L, or J body one that has the extension, it should be smaller than the lesabre visor and fit just fine between the a-pillar and my overhead console. <3 my overhead console. :D

I take it this is the thread you came across, Ted?

http://www.sixthsphere.com/phpBB3/viewtopi...=60&t=29376

Yeah, the car has definitely come a long way. I haven't yet posted info on my engine swap. I spun the bearings on the original engine (160k+ miles & an overrev while autox'ing), so I had to speed up my plans to swap in an engine I had acquired that has SCAT rods & hyper pistons, and was of the older 5-bolt exhaust manifold design. The 5-bolt heads have larger ports, and you can bolt up a '91-'92 OEM header in place of the cast exhaust manifold. I went ahead & had a whole new exhaust system put on, upgrading from the 1 3/4" stock piping (which leaked badly at the resonator) to a 2.5" with new high flow magnaflow cat, large magnaflow resonator, and mandrel bends (no muffler, the large resonator acts as the muffler, though it's still a bit loud). The beefed up engine and the larger exhaust both get me a step closer to my intentions to do a turbo setup for 200-250whp.