New comparison up at Edmunds

turbo200

I was 100% sure that the Cobalt would be close to the bottom. I do not agree that more sporty it is, better it is, at least not for me. The Cobalt has a firm ride and is comfortable, that's what I expect from a base car. My only complaint would be the interior hard plastic. This is how they evaluate the cars: Sport suspension= very good Touring suspension+GM= not good. I don't know why we keep posting comparo from Edmunds, they never gonna love GM.

Once again, the deck is stacked in the choice of car to screw GM over.

Let's test base cars, that'll make 'em look bad!

there's no center armrest for weary elbows.

Funny this is mentioned in the Cobalt write up when the 2nd place Civic has been this way for YEARS!

If you're looking for an inexpensive commuter car, the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt is an acceptable choice: It's quick, quiet, smooth and safe.

So why did it rank poorly in this "Budget" comparison?

Everyone is threatened by the Cobalt... Gotta rank it low, so the Toyonda buying sheep won't even notice it or check it out.

The media will do anything to make GM look bad. Hell, that's evident here because they tested the crappiest model available and built the test to reflect it's 'horrid' demeanor. No Cobalt SS comparison, no Lacrosse CXL comparison, no GP GXP comparison.... They're even reduced to lieing now.

Yeah... $3k is a big deal when it comes to content on economy cars. For the price of the Mazda, you could have had a fully loaded Cobalt LT w/Leather interior + simulated wood trim (that would have helped with the "budget & stark" feel), power everything, side curtain airbags, and upgraded stereo with XM radio.

Unbelievable. Sure, the Cobalt may not be as fun or high quality campared to the Mazda3, but surely it's much better than an aged Korean sedan (Elantra) that has been described as boring or its twin the new Kia Spectra, and why the hell isn't it any better than a Civic that has one foot in the grave?!!? It's stuff like this that disgusts me.