Need help finding a gift for my dad

mjdecker

For the past few years I have been trying to get my dad a poster size photo of a red 1965 Corvette Convertable (black top, knockoff wheels, not the 427 model). And I have not found any kind of posters for that exact model. I've seen several ebay auctions for some and have requested to the seller if they have any higher resoution photos for the car but I don't get any kind of reply back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I called kinkos and they didn't tell me a particular image size just the image should be within 250 - 300 dpi. My dad's someone who usually request for shirts and other borring stuff but I really want to suprise him this year. If any of you could help me out it woudl be beyond greatly appreciated.

You're in luck. I have a pic of that exact car saved on my PC. I scanned it in from a Corvette calendar given to me years ago. I just have to convert it to JPG so I can post it here.

EDIT: here it is. I had to dumb down the quality so Imageshack would accept it, but the changes are minimal. I have the original source bitmap file...if you want I could PM or email it to you.

Posted Image

As awsome as that car is I think I should a bit more specific. I'm looking for a base Red 1965 327cc Corvete Convertable (no headers down the side, knock off wheel, black top if up). Reason being, is my had owned one back in the 70s when he was in college but due to the fact he was a full time student, he was forced to sell it and regrets it all the time. I it werent' for the sentimental value of it I wouldn't be soo picky on the pic but also one more thing too add to it is I'm planning on printing it out on 18x27 (or so) sized poster so I'd like the quality to be pretty high. But thanks anyway.

EDIT:
I found the url for the pic I'm hoping to get from this guy...
Posted Image

If it comes down to it, I may offer him some money.

Edited by Decka

i dont have much experience with this, but i did make a calendar for my club last year. i learned that printing from a digital file will effectively reduce the dpi and quality of the print by half. the files i made were 600dpi :lol: the cover was a solo shot of a GP (8.5x11) and it came out well enough to see the ridges in the sidewall of the tires.

i went thru CafePress, basically, because it was free to set up.

btw, depending on how bad he regrets it, you might not want to buy him a daily reminder. Edited by Bizz