Cadillac STS-V versus Chrysler 300C SRT-8

MyerShift

What does everyone else here think about this? In size, the 300C SRT-8 is closer to the STS-V than CTS-V, and the the Chrysler, the Cadillac is automatic only. Since the STS/STS-V seem to have been losing when compared to the European and Asian nameplates is some of these comparison tests we've seen, how would the Cadillac fair against the Chrysler? The Cadillac has more horsepower, an additional gear in the automatic, and such. So I'm waiting for this sort of comparison test. One of the pitfalls for the STS-V against the 300C SRT-8 would be its umm, rather significantly higher price. I just wonder why no one (to my knowlege, at least) has compared these two great American sedans (never mind that Chrysler bows before Stuttgart now days). Wouldn't it be interesting? (I posted this here as a general topic of *relatively* friendly discussion, lol. Edited by S.Myers

Right. That was my concern, the price differences. But, some of those magazines compare just about anything (Motor Trend's FrankenFocus vs. Lamborghini Gallardo) and these are two of my favourite American cars right now, so, I shrug.

The 300C is a fast, comfortable car that handles darned well. It's one helluva lot of bang for the buck. Too bad it's so butt-ugly (in this old codger's opinion, anyway). The CTS-V is pure dynamite, and it looks great in the process. Too bad I'll never be able to afford one.

The 300C SRT-8 doesn't quite have the pedigree of the STS-V in the same way Chrysler has never been a full Cadillac competitor.

Having said that, I love both cars. The STS would be more for show, the SRT-8 for grins. I like a reason to grin.