Damn, damn, damn!

Aw...come on...we know you really want a Super Cobra Jet Ranchero so just get over it already!

Seriously...you know my first car was a 70 Chevelle and you know my passion for green cars. I am right there with you on this one. And the tan interior even makes it nicer.

Odd that it doesn't have the Cowl Hood with the Flapper.

Chris

Aw...come on...we know you really want a Super Cobra Jet Ranchero so just get over it already!

Seriously...you know my first car was a 70 Chevelle and you know my passion for green cars. I am right there with you on this one. And the tan interior even makes it nicer.

Odd that it doesn't have the Cowl Hood with the Flapper.

Chris

Not really, alot of the LS6 cars were bare bones: they were ordered for the strip. In fact, A/C was not even available.

I love this one too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scott-Shafi...d=p4506.c0.m245

Edited by Camino LS6

Lord God Almighty...I like that one also. The blue doesn't look like an original GM color, but is perfect for that car.

White stripes do it well also...and I love the powertrain choice.

So do tell Camino, are you trying to tell us your moving to Sweeden rather than Austrailia?

I would rather have the 70 than a Ute, although they are both cool.

Chris

I think fathom was a little bit lighter.

Still think you should build a clone of the GMC Sprint big block 71 version of this truck.

A GM crate 454 would be plenty, and you could prob. pick up a pretty solid 71 builder for 5 grand or so with the economy the way that it is.

Always wanted an El-Camino of this generation...wish I'd gotten one earlier in life and held onto it.

Chris

Chris

I think fathom was a little bit lighter.

Still think you should build a clone of the GMC Sprint big block 71 version of this truck.

A GM crate 454 would be plenty, and you could prob. pick up a pretty solid 71 builder for 5 grand or so with the economy the way that it is.

Always wanted an El-Camino of this generation...wish I'd gotten one earlier in life and held onto it.

Chris

Chris

Had one, let it get away...

You can kill me for sayhing this...but what would be really cool...is a 71 Sprint that was tubbed and running a very healthy big block.

It would also be a cool phantom to build and LS6 Wagon.

Chris

So why don't you get a 69, or 70, or 71-72 El-Camino? Even if it wasn't a real SS, life is short and painful.

Get the car you really want, I think perhaps?

Chris

Oh, and BP, thanks for the movie car link.

I always thought the 68 Stripe treatment was one of the best things GM did in the 60's.

There was a black 68 with white stripes like that which used to run around Columbus.

LOVED that car. Classy and purposeful and elegant.

Saw a fully nut and bolt restored 68 SS-396 that was red on red with no vynal top and those stripes. SWEET!

Wasn't 68 a very low production year for SS Chevelle convertibles? I saw a real legit 68 Convertible with the L89 aluminium heads once for sale. It was red also. Trying to remember the name of the dealership that had it for sale. Supposedly no L89 convertibles were built in 68 but they had the protecto plate and everything else for this car. Wonder what ever happened to it?

Chris

First I've heard of a '68 with aluminum heads, that was a '69/'70 thing - and very rare.

I'd have to check on production numbers, but I don't think '68 was light on the SS396. It's just that they have been overshadowed by the '69s and '70s by enthusiasts.

Personally, I think that the '68s are ok but the '69s perfected that look.

Okay, it's been about 8 or 10 years since I saw the L89 car, think it was 68 might have been 69. Didn't they have aluminium heads for the 396 in 67 though...? Or am I wrong?

I was thinking 68 was low on Convertible production, but I might be wrong on that was well.

Didn't GM have a big strike in 68 or 69 that cut #'s way down? I'm thinking that was 68, but my history is getting fuzzy.

Chris

Interesting that they mention the Yellow and Orange as special order carryovers from 69, I have heard about these cars being ordered that way.

Used to know someone who had a special order Hugger Orange Monte Carlo, nice looking car.

Chris

I tired to find my Chevelle book to answer the aluminum head question, but I have misplaced it.

As for the strike, there was one in about '71 but I don't remember hearing about one affecting the '68s.

I've seen a special order '70 Camino SS in Hugger Orange (not my thing).