Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daves87rs

Remote hunting...

10 posts in this topic

*Sigh*

Stupid remote is dead. It looks like the fob has a crack on the inside.

And I'm not paying 70 bucks for a new one.

Where could I get a cheap one? Ebay, maybe?

I miss opening it from far away....

battery dead or is it broke? you could ebay one but i dont know if the user can manually set the radio frequency to match you car. so it might be dealer part. or just use the keys... $70 is step for a stupid fob. that costs $1 MAX to make.

that remote is awesome though.

battery dead or is it broke? you could ebay one but i dont know if the user can manually set the radio frequency to match you car. so it might be dealer part. or just use the keys... $70 is step for a stupid fob. that costs $1 MAX to make.

that remote is awesome though.

Nope, broke. I'm going to try to fix it, but I guess is that it will not work.....

Not a huge deal, since I have 2 drs, but it is nice for the trunk...

Nope, broke. I'm going to try to fix it, but I guess is that it will not work.....

Not a huge deal, since I have 2 drs, but it is nice for the trunk...

Search Ebay for the GM number on the back. You'll find individuals and stores selling them.

If it's a newer model, the computer may have be accessed to make the FOB work. Some key shops offer that service. Some dealers may do it if you buy the FOB there.

If it's a 99 leSabre, e.g., you just go through a set of steps int he owners manual in the glovebox to have the computer recognize all key FOBS again, one by one. It requires jumping two terminals on the ALDC under the steering wheel area.

I've got a wierd issue w/ one of my Jeep fobs. I replace the battery in the fob, it works a couple days then quits. The other fob works fine.

I've got a wierd issue w/ one of my Jeep fobs. I replace the battery in the fob, it works a couple days then quits. The other fob works fine.

Short?

Short?

Could be...both fobs seemed to work ok the first 5-6 years, but the last few years one of them I was always replacing the battery and it doesn't seem to work for very long after replacing it. It fits together tightly. I just use that as my back up key, the one I give to the shop guy when I drop it off for maintenance.

Could be...both fobs seemed to work ok the first 5-6 years, but the last few years one of them I was always replacing the battery and it doesn't seem to work for very long after replacing it. It fits together tightly. I just use that as my back up key, the one I give to the shop guy when I drop it off for maintenance.

Hmmm..interesting. I wonder if I can rebuild mine?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room