More beauty shots...

• 3 weeks later...

Over 10 years later and it still looks like a concept car brought to life. I don't think the 1st Gen Aurora will ever look dated.

[post="69083"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Somehow I don't either. GM almost never gets a fully beautiful design out with correct proportions and details that ages well, but the first gen Aurora is certainly one they did. I could never believe how it even looked cooler than the 2nd gen, which was nice, but lacked the same level of presence.

Being the owner of its faster, sleeker, rarer, and more interesting Buick brother, I'd have to say my pick of the two G-bodies is the Riviera. The Aurora always looked goofy to me; it looks weird without some sort of grille. Also, when it comes to maintenance, it's nice to have something 3800-powered as opposed to having an engine exclusive to only that vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the slightly recessed/"frosted" headlamps look dated, and the taillights sometimes look slightly dated, but overall it is a pretty timeless design.

[post="78896"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Recessed? Probably more like sloppy engineering. But I concur, it still looks great today. The Riviera also looks like it could sell today (with modification, of course).