smorgasbord = misc; Rt 66; radio; trips, 2010 & Nov 09

Time flies, doesn't it?

Hard to believe, but my NEPHEW'S FIRST BIRTHDAY is less than a month away, mid NOVEMBER! Watching him grow is awesome; I try to spend as much time with him as possible.

It's also hard to believe I haven't been online for nearly 2 months, since before I left for my Route 66 road trip. A few days after I got home, I developed a virus infection (stomach flu) which requires fluids and rest, so unlike me, I've been in bed early every night since arriving home.

A lot is going on right now, too, and wanting to be "on the road" and the fall/winter seasons don't help much. Among other things, driving my older 4 Monte Carlos (1972, 1976, 1979, 1981) before the snow flies as much as possible when the weekend weather cooperates ... moving stuff out of my rooms ... deciding on a car for the winter (current choices = 2-tone maroon 1989 Caprice, white/tan 1994 Cadillac Eldorado, gold 1996 Ford Thunderbird, maroon/tan 2006 Lumina LTZ coupe) to keep my 1987 MC LS out of the winter weather this year.

But, I will visit and post when I can. I know I have a few Emails and notes on Facebook to answer ... as well as sharing about my Route 66 road trip, posting a newer version of the "Home State Sights To See" list, etc.

* ROUTE 66 *

As I finalized plans for this trip, I became a bit more apprehensive ... what if I missed the big things? What if I missed people along the way? I needn't have worried. The Route 66 trip I took September 5-16, 2009, was sssooo much more than I ever imagined ... and better than I anticipated. The places ... and more importantly, the people ... along the way are awesome! Route 66 is definitively alive and well (as is the Lincoln Highway).

I took HUNDREDS of pictures, which I WILL share once I take/have time to go through them and find a place to post them....

I started Route 66 in Pontiac IL and ended in Rialto CA (last night on Route 66 I stayed at the WigWam motel) ... and stopped at MANY places along the way in Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. I started and ended the trip with Lincoln Highway places (Franklin Grove IL and Kearney NE).

* RADIO SHOW *

"CD Showcase" returns to WRMN for 2 Saturdays in 2009:

December 12

December 19

Times both dates:

6p-11p eastern

5p-10p CENTRAL

4p-9p mountain

3p-8p pacific

To listen LIVE online, click "listen live", top right-hand corner:

http://www.wrmn1410.com/

EMAIL me before/during/after each show:

wrmnshowcase

@

aol.com

Playlists and comments from previous shows:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/playlists.html

* DRIVE SOUTH NOV 09 *

This road trip is Thanksgiving weekend, November 27-29, 2009. Anyone else want to meet?

Friday morning, 11/27/09 ... drive from home to Big Sandy TN for dinner

Friday evening, 11/27/09 ... drive from Big Sandy TN to Jackson TN to stay overnight with Richard and his wife

Saturday morning, 11/28/09 ... drive from Jackson TN to Birmingham AL to have lunch with Brandon and Samantha (and my newest "nephew" ... Samantha's maiden name is Stevens, though we do not believe we have a direct relation)

Saturday evening, 11/28/09 ... drive from Birmingham AL to Nashville TN to stay with Kevin and family

Sunday morning, 11/29/09 ... drive from Nashville TN to home

* 2010 ROAD TRIP *

I will drive to the northeast US, including New York, Massachusetts, etc., though I'm not sure WHEN yet.... Any suggestions on when? And, anyone want to meet up along the way?

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We go through life so sure of where we're headed" ... Brad Paisley ... 'Find Yourself' [from "CARS"/Route 66]

*nods*

Thank you, Dave!

Been weird not being online lately....

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Why is everybody telling everybody what you have done?" ... Juice Newton ... 'Queen Of Hearts'