How reliable has your car been?

pow

Roach I 390k+ miles. Muffler, catalytic converter. Even water in the tank didn't stop Roach I. Roach II is no different.

In 90k miles our 1998 Intrigue had 1 item go bad. At 60k miles the ABS sensor went bad and GM paid for over 90% of it. Regular maintenance for the rest.

In 120k miles my brothers 1998 Silhouette had a lumbar support break. Regular maintenance for the rest.

In 60k miles my Mother-in-Law has had only 1 issue with her 2002 Rendezvous. The wiper stalk went bad.

In 40k miles my parents have done nothing to their 2003 Rendezvous short of regular maintenance.

In 60k miles my parents did nothing to their 2000 Regal short of regular maintenance.

I wish I could say the same for our most recent foreign cars in the family.

Scion already rattles (only 8k miles), & the Prius has been in more than once for "issues" though my Brother won't tell me why (out of embarrassment).

Looking at my post about 5 up and I just crossed 225,000 miles and it turned 14 a couple of weeks ago.

No powertrain issues at all. Altogether, the repairs have amounted to less than $ 1400 or so....now mind you, I am not counting routine maintenance or normal wear items.

That's been about $ 100 a year in repairs! Find me a foreign car (including a Toyota) that will beat that!!! Good luck.

nyscene:

Wow... your sister has a 1990 Infiniti M30?

Talk about rare. The M30 makes the Nissan

240sx look downright pedestrian. Too bad

they had V6s and not inline sixes and were

automatic only. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

The GTO needed new spark plugs the day we picked it up (though I'm guessing it had something to do with sitting for so long) and then they said the instrument panel glitched when they were making sure it was running well after the spark plugs were replaced, but I never noticed it. We had it replaced anyways though.

Other than that though, it has been flawless. The check engine light comes on every couple weeks, but that's because the computer gets confused by the performance camshaft every so often. It goes away within a day.

All right, with the exception of normal wear and tear items on the Impala, I've had to replace wheel hub assemblies once (need to do the driver's side again due to a bad wheel speed sensor), and the oxygen sensor behind the cat finally pissed me off enough to make me remove it and install and newer, shinier one.

The truck is a different story, in 273,000+ miles and 30 years of family owner ship the engine was rebuilt at 199,876 miles, transmission at 142,359 miles, and now the differential no longer likes me or the rest of my family. The rest is normal stuff, you know, shocks all the way around (1), fuel pump (1), alternator (2), starter (1), water pump (1), master cylinder (1), calipers (2), wheel cylinders (1) and u-joints (1). Otherwise its all stock, including the 30-year old suspension that is in need of rebuilding, but still overall drivable.

The 1999 Grand Am SE2 sport coupe I had was wonderful, replaced the passenger side mirror at the stupidity of a friend, both window regulators went bad (stupid plastic pulleys), and the alternator bracket broke due to a not there, but supposed to be bolt (replaced under warranty). Great car until an Expedition t-boned it on the passenger side.

Um... have I already commented on my Quad4? :D

As for the Sunfire... it had to be taken back the first week because the struts went bad. Other that a few noises... it's been good so far... but those noises are more than what my GA had in it's prime (minus the ticking).