domain hosting

regfootball

For like 8-10 years I have had my own .com primarily for useless reasons, and to run a constant and consistent email address through it.

My domain i believe is paid and registered through like 2010 or 2011 but here is the catch. they keep fcking with their email plan and setup. and it pisses me off.

I route all of the mail through this domain through an all inclusive gmail account because its on the cloud. One of the reasons i did this was first the domain host changed the inbox size from very big to -5 MB- stored unless i wanted to pay like 20 bucks a month. F that I said, i kept the free email and its been working fine to just have it forwarded to my gmail, it gets it out of there before it clogs up.

The other problem was they wanted to charge for spam and virus protection. Like 8 bucks a month or something. again, i created a bunch of rules to weed out a lot of the spam but i left it up to my gmail to automatically filter the rest when whatever was left was forwarded there. Its a pain in the ass, it delays my mail, and i am tired of sh-t service i get from this place.

Now there is some bullsh-t that they are changing their scanners and spam stuff etc. bullsh-t. So NOW currently its locking up all my email in a quarantine, and starting next month there is a NEW plan for the email services that I will have to sign up for if i want any of that stuff. This is crap.

So, my question......should i transfer the domain. How do it do it, how long does it take, who is the best hosts, etc.

My first reaction is to transfer the domain to godaddy.com. why? Because I like their ads, the women are hot in the ads, and they seem to offer a lot of service for the money. But i need an expert to qualify my thoughts....i want to transfer my domain, add at least a year, and apparently sign on to some email service that at least seems to offer lots of features and actual storage. and its like 2 bucks a month. why its important, i have resumes and job contact info with that email address circulating around and i cannot afford to not keep it at least for a bit longer. all i want is automatic virus and spam scanning on the domain end so it doesn't lock up my email in quarantine or at worst delete it because of size before it routes it to gmail.

i know some of you guys are big time experts on some of this stuff. i was a long time ago, i have since forgotten and haven't cared, i am just looking for a quick solution. can this be done by Dec 1 so my stream of email is unaffected? and is godaddy a good service, are there any other domain hosters that are as good and inexpensive and easy to use and will not f-ck with me. thank you. i apologize for me pis-s-offedness.

doteasy sucks and is worthless pile of crap.

Google will give you free email hosting with your own domain name.

For example the mods and editors here can use http://mail.cheersandgears.com to get to their @CheersandGears.com email

You can host the website with google as well, but you are limited to their templates and format. You can't just upload raw HTML.

So, my recommendation would be to set your MX records to Google and get a free webhost like FreeZooka or 000webhost.com for the web page part.

Google will give you free email hosting with your own domain name.

For example the mods and editors here can use http://mail.cheersandgears.com to get to their @CheersandGears.com email

You can host the website with google as well, but you are limited to their templates and format. You can't just upload raw HTML.

So, my recommendation would be to set your MX records to Google and get a free webhost like FreeZooka or 000webhost.com for the web page part.

Sounds good....