Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northstar

Name this car #10 (pic I took)

9 posts in this topic

Well yesterday I went to a little fair type thing where I live and they have a bunch of old cars there... unfotunately I got there too late I guess and there was only one left. I think they must have taken them home for the night or something and I might go back today to see if they're back.

Anyways, here's the two pics I took of this car. Tell me what year, make, and model it is.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Maybe a 1940 Series 70/80 Roadmaster Phaeton Convertible? If so, only 238 were produced. Edited by RichW5

It was a Phaeton Convertible, but I'm not sure about the Roadmaster part (unless they were all Roadmasters).

In 1940 Buicks came in six series, Special, Super, Century, Roadmaster, Limited 80 and Limited 90. Not sure where the Phaeton fit in.

WEll the Phaeton was just a bodystyle so it is separate of the model name. Kind of like a Silverado 4x4 LS long-bed. You can also get a Longbed in crew cab or extended cab... or an extended cab in LT trim. Anyway this car is gorgeous. :)

My "Collectible Cars" book only shows a Phaeton model for 1940 Roadmasters and the 1942 Limited. The car in the picture doesn't look like its' the "long wheelbase" Limited (133"), Roadmaster was (126" for 1940), but I may be wrong. Great car, nice pictures and I'll take it even if I'm wrong.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0