Our Chevy Tahoe

Here are a few pictures I took of our Tahoe in Lake Tahoe. The truck doesn't have 4x4, but it did just fine.

This one was taken in the parking lot at the beach. The weather was warm and sunny almost the entire week, so we didn't get to ski at all!

Posted Image

Here are a couple I took outside the house, when a snow storm hit... the day we were supposed to leave!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy! :)

Nice, and I LOVE the non-4wd factor...also the Summit White :AH-HA_wink:

That's all we ever buy living near the beach in Delaware, even though no dealer around here ever carries anything but 4wd's. I don't have the first clue where people even use it, other than one friend saying "Well, when it rains or snows I put it on Auto". Okay...but we've never even so much as slipped much at all, with just 2wd and a locker.

Mom's ride, Summit White '04 LS 2wd:

Posted Image

Edited by caddycruiser

Thanks for the responses... :)

2wd does take a lot more concentration and awareness in the snow, but I've managed to do just fine in the snow (once when the highway had about 6 inches). I just have to remember to keep the momentum, and never nail either the gas or break pedal (unless I wanna have a little bit of fun)!

Hey do you own a cabin up there? I'm from Reno and we visit Tahoe all the time. There is no place like it anywhere. Its beautiful. Nice ride, by the way.

My aunt and uncle own the cabin, and they let me use it for our yearly winter trip to Tahoe. You are lucky being so close, I wish I could go more often!

• 1 year later...

We sold the Tahoe... so no new pictures of it in the snow :(

Next I'll have to post pictures of (hopefully) an Enclave. I'm pushing for silver, but my mom likes the cocoa. Either way, I'll snap some pictures of the new family ride with or without snow!

We sold the Tahoe... so no new pictures of it in the snow :(

Next I'll have to post pictures of (hopefully) an Enclave. I'm pushing for silver, but my mom likes the cocoa. Either way, I'll snap some pictures of the new family ride with or without snow!

VERY cool! My mother is nearing 3 years with her '04 Suburban (strangely, the longest she's owned any of the last 4 vehicles), and is out of warranty. Nothing is wrong with it at all, but she keeps saying she WANTS a new Tahoe even though it probably wouldn't fit the budget. So, on my part, I've been trying to lean her towards an Acadia or Enclave after driving one, and seeing how perfect one would be for her, but she hasn't bit yet. Likes the price, and is good with the looks, but seems to think they're a lot smaller than they really are and that she just isn't ready to step down from such a beast yet. We'll see.

Package and price wise, a FWD Enclave CX would be PERFECT for her, and a wonderful crossover, but I don't think I'll make much progress on the convincing until she actually sees some in person or I can get her to drive one.

On a side note, seems there's an increasing amount of big GM ute's being traded in for Lambda's, for obvious reasons. At least each does target different markets now, and it'll be interesting to see how each line does in years to come.

VERY cool! My mother is nearing 3 years with her '04 Suburban (strangely, the longest she's owned any of the last 4 vehicles), and is out of warranty. Nothing is wrong with it at all, but she keeps saying she WANTS a new Tahoe even though it probably wouldn't fit the budget. So, on my part, I've been trying to lean her towards an Acadia or Enclave after driving one, and seeing how perfect one would be for her, but she hasn't bit yet. Likes the price, and is good with the looks, but seems to think they're a lot smaller than they really are and that she just isn't ready to step down from such a beast yet. We'll see.

Package and price wise, a FWD Enclave CX would be PERFECT for her, and a wonderful crossover, but I don't think I'll make much progress on the convincing until she actually sees some in person or I can get her to drive one.

On a side note, seems there's an increasing amount of big GM ute's being traded in for Lambda's, for obvious reasons. At least each does target different markets now, and it'll be interesting to see how each line does in years to come.

My mom saw all three at the LAIAS, and that did the trick (as far as her seeing them and being convinced). We had to do some extra convincing, as far as keeping her from straying to the Audi Q7 (told her it's too small inside), and she liked SRX but it was also too small. So... in the end she likes the Outlook and Enclave, but is going for and Enclave because it's more (in her words) "cushy inside" (even though she hasn't sat in one). Either way... we get a Lambda, so no complaints!

Fun. Yeah, actually mine first saw the Enclave when I was home one weekend and had Motorweek on, as they were showing the Enclave concept driving around. She stopped what she was doing and even told my father to look at it, so I thought that was definitely a sign.

Then more recently, I just showed her the Acadia for the first time, which she liked but now thinks they might be small based on pictures, and then the Enclave which didn't get nearly the reaction it did before--essentially said it was nice too, but "I just really love the aggressive front ends on the Tahoe & Suburban, and like my Avalanche used to have. And I'm just not sure yet I'm ready to move down from the Suburban yet."

Weird, but as was with past cars, I usually know what will be perfect, and once I get her in to actually see one, it's not very hard from there. There's still something about the Tahoe/Yukon she REALLY, REALLY likes--especially having had 2 GMT-800's and knowing all about the new designs and improvements--it's just the pricing level that again is a bit exorbitant, especially compared to the Lambda's, and the space/seating issues.

But all fun, and I love getting someone else to buy a new car, haha. Actually, at this rate, she likely will keep the Suburban a full 4 or 5 years, and the choices will be even more enticing then.

Any idea whether you'd go FWD/AWD or what kind of options level, yet? I've already built and priced the perfect Enclave on KBB, and the choices are the best of all the Lambda's.

Edited by caddycruiser

Great pictures. :) You guys got G80 out back?

Going from a Tahoe (even a 2wd one) to a FWD

crossover is quite a STEP DOWN if you ask me.

More and more I hate crossovers... they just

seem like station wagons/minivans for bimbos

& small-dic%ed guys who need to own a

"truck" although they're actually buying a FWD

unibody (not the good kind either) tall car. :(

Great pictures. :) You guys got G80 out back?

Going from a Tahoe (even a 2wd one) to a FWD

crossover is quite a STEP DOWN if you ask me.

More and more I hate crossovers... they just

seem like station wagons/minivans for bimbos

& small-dic%ed guys who need to own a

"truck" although they're actually buying a FWD

unibody (not the good kind either) tall car. :(

Well, now that we actually haven't had a FWD vehicle for 7 years--all RWD V8 GM's--it would be a little strange, but after driving one I really could care less. Traction or driving wise, we've only ever bought 2wd's with rear lockers in the trucks, so with a crossover it would be FWD for sure.

And on the other point, you're in the minority, because while I can see the benefit of a larger and heavier SUV/truck that's BOF for heavier duty use and towing, MOST people (us included) never ever use it for anything more than 1 person daily commuting, so it's just excess. So when you can get the same things you like--great style, comfortable seating height and space, and still also combine that with a more "friendly" daily package, it's no wonder why crossovers are winning big.

There will always be a market for original SUV's, even if the smaller ones die off in favor of only large ones, but there will also continue to be an increasing number of people who find the crossovers perfect.

Any idea whether you'd go FWD/AWD or what kind of options level, yet? I've already built and priced the perfect Enclave on KBB, and the choices are the best of all the Lambda's.

I really don't care about the FWD/AWD aspect, because I know it wouldn't matter to my mom. My dad, on the other hand, seems to be leaning towards AWD just not to have FWD. Funny... considering he drove a '92 Bonneville for a while. Again... I won't complain if it's AWD! :D

Anyway, I've priced the Enclave and for a FWD CXL with 2nd row captains delete (approx -$495), plus a couple other fancy options (totalling about $1500 I think), the price was around $36k, which I think is definitely good.

Edit:

To be more specific about the options etc.:

• FWD CXL
  • 8 passenger seating (-$495)
  • Driver's Confidence Pkg ($520) includes remote engine start, rear parking sensors and heated windshield washer fluid
  • Luxury Package ($925) includes adaptive headlights, dual heated power mirrors with power fold and autodim, 110V power outlet, tilt telescoping wheel with memory
Total MSRP comes out to: $35,940 Edited by AAS